Dirving us Stir Crazy

Thread: Dirving us Stir Crazy

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultDirving us Stir Crazy

The last three or four days have been rainy and kind of bad weather so I have not been able to play with Tal outside like I usually do. Tomorrow is forecast to be in the mid 60s and sunny so it should be a good day then.

I;ve played and trained with him inside but it isn't the same. I have played tug o war with him, worked alot on stay, refreshed sit and down and tossed the tennis ball for him.

What kinds of things to you guys do when you are tsuck inside for several days and cannot get out with your furbabies like you normally do??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dirving us Stir Crazy

I've actually never missed a day outside. I've been known to go out in the pooring rain, -35, blizzards... (ok short trips in a storm!). It drives me crazy but I don't have a choice. he'll get wet during our potty walks anyway haha
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Kathryn Guest

We go outside rain or shine.
    We also run up and down the hall.* I have an unfinished bacement that I take all the dogs down into and we kick a ball down there and run around like chickens with our heads cut off!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

It has been raining all day here and mine are stir crazy too. They want to go out, but when I open the door and they see the rain, they turn around and go back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    I've actually never missed a day outside. I've been known to go out in the pooring rain, -35, blizzards... (ok short trips in a storm!). It drives me crazy but I don't have a choice. he'll get wet during our potty walks anyway haha
    Exactly what I was going to say! Rain, snow, hot, cold...no matter what the weather we are outside.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Ok..I'll give it a try. Tal will definitely go out in the rain. The main thing I was arfaid of today was it was really windy. Since there were so many dead leaves on the ground and the wind whipped them up he kept chasing the leaves in the wind. I was afraid he would start chasing one and would run out into the neighborhood street and get hit by a car. We did go out and run around the yard a bit but I was afraid to let him off leash. He doesn't have consistent recall yet.

I guess I must have played with him alot more than I thought because he crawled up in my bed and is giving me that turn out the lights its time to sleep look..lol

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    Ok..I'll give it a try. Tal will definitely go out in the rain. The main thing I was arfaid of today was it was really windy. Since there were so many dead leaves on the ground and the wind whipped them up he kept chasing the leaves in the wind. I was afraid he would start chasing one and would run out into the neighborhood street and get hit by a car. We did go out and run around the yard a bit but I was afraid to let him off leash. He doesn't have consistent recall yet.

I guess I must have played with him alot more than I thought because he crawled up in my bed and is giving me that turn out the lights its time to sleep look..lol
    Anyway you can keep him tied up and play safely? I completely see where you are coming from - I'd be worried about that as well
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

modgirlreporter Guest

We've had rain all week and George will NOT go out in rain and Gigi will go out to potty but that's about it. I don't want to go out and get rained on and freeze so we haven't had walks. For the most part, they've been pretty good and even if Gigi has had a couple of ballistic episodes, they haven't been too bad. It's probably harder with a puppy, but Gigi seems mostly willing to lie around on the couch and chase her ball a bit in the house and call it good. George is ALWAYS willing to lie around. LOL