• Purina

3 33.33%
  • Nutros

2 22.22%
  • Solid Golds

0 0%

Thread: Going to get Hannah....

DefaultGoing to get Hannah....

Are there any toys that you guys feel i should deff. buy? Hannah is 12 weeks old. I know things that little dogs like, but i wonder what a big dog would like? Do they like the same things or do they need a variety?
    Also- what kind of food do you feed your lab? What are the best brands? We are going to petco after i pick her up at 6:00 and I wanted to let her do some of the picking out toys, but food wish, what do you all suggest to be the best? ;D
    thanks again all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Going to get Hannah....

If you are getting Hannah from a breeder it is best start the dog on the same food the breeder is feeding before you switch to something else (switching quickly may cause stomach upset) You do not want too smal a toy - so the pup could swallow it - most labs are pretty big chewers - get some strong toys as well a a few stuffies.

Great thanks I figured i would keep her on the breeder's choice at least for a while. I guess I am assuming I'd need to change, probably not. She's a breeder, she probably takes good care in feeding the best. Thanks!!!
    Do they like raw hides, or plastic toys. We were going to get fluffies, but breeder said no, with kids, b/c she might get all the kids toys and think they are hers. Same with a rubber, or fuzzie show, she might use ours too not knowing the diff. in hers and ours.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Nylabones for puppies, rope toys, kongs you can stuff for puppies - these are a few to get you started. I agree with the food, unless you have reason to believe that the breeder is feeding something that isn't good for your dog I would stick with what works. Personally, I stay away from rawhides - too many things can happen, such as swallowing whole and causing a blockage. Mine have had them on occasion and eat them so fast it causes runny poop - definately something you don't want. Look for some tuff toys to chew on - they will learn the difference between their toy and the kids toys if they have their own toy box to pick from. I just have a rubber tray that holds the dogs toys. They know the difference between my son's stuffed animals and their toys.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky