I need help!

Thread: I need help!

DefaultI need help!

For the last 3 nights Tally has popped X2 in her kennel. She had the runs last week which have resolved, but I think because of this, she now thinks that pooping in her kennel at night is ok. She only has the accidents at night. During the day, she goes out and does her thing. Her stools are still soft, but definitely not diarrhea.

I am tired of getting up at night with her again and changing/ washing bedding in the morning.

Any suggestions? We have a vet appointment next week and I will bring in a stool sample just to be sure. She is back to eating like a lab after the runs last week.

Pat

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I need help!

Well I would just tell her when you clean it up. in a stern voice to tell her not to do that any more.

How old is Tally?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

What time is her last feed? if it is any later then 5pm you might want to bump it up.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by justadoptedlabsnok
    Well I would just tell her when you clean it up. in a stern voice to tell her not to do that any more.
    This has to be a joke, right?

Is the crate too large? She should only have enough room to turn around and lie down in there, not squat and poop.

Also - does her bedding still smell? You're going to want to get ALL of the scent of poo out of it to ensure she doesn't associate the bedding w/being okay to poop on it.

I'd also use a 'last call' right before bed. Can you encourage a bowel movement right before retiring?

No joke,
    She eats her supper at 5pm and then no more. Last call is between 11 and Midnight. Been washing her bedding out every morning in hot water and scrubbing down the kennel and washing her down as she is full of it too. What a MESS!!!
    Tally is now 13 weeks and has no other accidents. I just can't figure this one out.

How do you get a dog to poop on demand? She pees when we let her out but not usually pooping then.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mischasmom
    No joke,
    She eats her supper at 5pm and then no more.* Last call is between 11 and Midnight.* Been washing her bedding out every morning in hot water and scrubbing down the kennel and washing her down as she is full of it too.* What a MESS!!!
    Tally is now 13 weeks and has no other accidents. I just can't figure this one out.

How do you get a dog to poop on demand?* She pees when we let her out but not usually pooping then.
    I meant that the advice to yell at her (as quoted above) had to be a joke for being utterly misguided.

I'd block off some of the crate, then, in your shoes. Too much room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischasmom
    How do you get a dog to poop on demand?* She pees when we let her out but not usually pooping then.
    It's the same as using a command or catch phrase for your dog to pee on demand.* Repeat the phrase until you get the behaviour and then praise (with the phrase) like crazy.* I'm sure she'll catch on quick.