protecting your doggie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: protecting your doggie

Defaultprotecting your doggie

What are the best way to protect your dogs? MicroChip or tattoo or both? Were does a person get a dog tattoo? They do horses around here but not dogs that I know of. I'm in Louisiana. ANyone have some advise here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: protecting your doggie

Id microchip and get a tag.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Tal has two tags...his Sally Tag and there was a tag with a registration number from his first Heartgard dose that you can go to their website and register them. I registered him there and if, God forbid, he is ever lost, whoever finds him can log on to getmehome.com, type in the number on his tag and find my contact info. I will also get him microchipped when he is neutered in the spring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

the problem I worried about is: I have a friend who's dog was stollen and later found. It was tattooed by the thief and he refused to let the law and my friend scan the dog for micochip. He said the law couldn't help him out even thought he knew it was his dog.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I would get a microchip (make sure you register it!) and a good i.d. tag w/ both your home number and cell number (assuming you have one).

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie4r2
    the problem I worried about is: I have* a friend who's dog was stollen and later found. It was tattooed by the thief and he refused to let the law and my friend scan the dog for micochip. He said the law couldn't help him out even thought he knew it was his dog.
    There shouldnt be any trouble if you dont let your dog out of your view. I dont agree with the law COULDNT scan the dog.
    I would chip and have a tag done.

I could see where a thief would love a tag. I don't think he would call you to come get your dog.

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie4r2
    I could see where a thief would love a tag. I don't think he would call you to come get your dog.
    BUT if you chip and tag toy are that more likely to get your dog back. The law has the right to scan the dog!

yeah, Seems the law would have made him allow a scan of the dog for the chip. I know I would have been PO. I'd resort to more drastic measures if my baby got mugged by some SOB.

Paula is offline Senior Member

I have all my dogs microchipped and they wear their tags at all times.

By the way I am in Louisiana too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast