GAH!!!! (Just me venting!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAH!!!! (Just me venting!)

DefaultGAH!!!! (Just me venting!)

I swear... If i see one more irresponsible pet owner bring their worthless pitbull down to the dog park, I'm gonna freak the hell out. Damn 2 month old Pitt trying to eat everyones face off. I thought about drop kicking his owner.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Im a dog lover but those dogs are just....(fill in the blank)

What do yall think of Dog parks? Davis had a WONDERFULL time. First time for him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: GAH!!!! (Just me venting!)

are you saying all pitbulls are bad?

Im saying most Pit owners are bad. I have not met a good one yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

I will agree with some of the owners are nuts but I cant say all pitbulls are bad.

I do belive that they have a more than avg. agressive attitude that can be stopped by the owner but this 2 month old at the park had a baaaaaaaadddd start.

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

I love our dog park, but the other day, this weird guy had a huge greying wrinkly monster of a dog on a leash practically stalking through the main trail (our dog park is 50-100 acres, and has one main road with numerous trails off). My SIL asked what kind of dog it was, and the guy just grunted something rude. (I looked it up later, and think it might have been a Neopolitan Mastiff) Most dog owners are incredibly friendly and most, if not all, dogs in this park are off-leash. When we were leaving, I notice a Hummer parked, and bet my SIL that this jerk with the guard dog was the owner of the Hummer. We don't see many pit bulls though, maybe none, now that I think about it.

Yeah, there was this GIant furry Stay Pupped looking sheep dog thing there today, All i could say was "Woah". And i though Great Danes were big >.>

I like the dog park we went to last weekend. It had 5 different areas each fenced off. Small dogs had a lot of room but less than the medium dogs, who had less than the 2 large dog areas and finally there was a bit-pull area. There are a lot of pit bulls in that area of town and so the city passed an ordiance after numerous dogs were hurt by them they can only be in their own area. So pit bulls and pit bull mixes are kept separate.

I don't blame the breed or the dog I blame the owner. There is a pit bull mix that comes to are park to play. He is a good dog and the owners worked hard to socialize him. One time I was there and three Neopolitan Mastiffs came up over the hill. The owner a heavyset woman was following them and in a worried tone I asked her if her dogs were dog friendly. She said, "Of course I wouldn't have them off leash if they weren't." I then told her the story of how Oona was attacked by three pitts in a dog park a few years back. Of those dogs only one of them was on a leash, and the other two didn't even have collars on. BTW the Mastiffs were very well mannered.
    Olie

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Sorry you had a bad experience, but glad Davis had a great time.

Zoe had a run-in with a pitt puppy. Zoe was about 4 months old; the puppy was much younger. The puppy snarled and attacked Zoe (no, it wasn't bitey face place). It was a full on aggression thing. Then he started to hump her! I asked the owner to remove his dog. Which he did, and proceeded to whip it with the rope he held in his hand. >

Of course the pup got more ferocious. Grrr.

Never saw them at the beach again.

(sorry to semi hijack your thread...needed to vent)
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast