Another dog food question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another dog food question

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultAnother dog food question

Ok, so Mambo is on the new Food. I am making BF measure out the amount of food. Mambo before had a never ending bowl of food. Well now I know its no good. Anyways. When I put his food in his bowl, he will finish it before I can even turn around. He acts like he is starving. He has even went over to the bowl and started crying...

I feel bad, but I am being really strict with BF and watching him. Will he get use to this. He must think I am a bad mommy now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Another dog food question

That's just called a spoiled Lab. My crew acts like that all day long. And often my one goes and finds a bowl and carries it out to me mid-day, thinking it will get her fed.
    Kim

That "starving" look is the Lab's trademark.* Do not give in.*

Murray figured out how to get into his dog food.* He ate about 5 lbs at one sitting.* He was so bloated and miserable.* He just laid on the floor and groaned.* I told him "you did this to yourself".* My husband said "That dog is stupid.* Why did he eat so much?"* I said "He's not stupid.* He's a Lab."

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hank does the same thing! If I didn't know any better I would swear he was starved... But he's not! He is so spoiled that he thinks he can get anything from me with those big sweet eyes! And it used to work but not anymore! ;D

Mybabymambo Guest

Great, I dont feel bad anymore. I will tell him, Andi, Rottnlabs and Cinderbaylabs said he is just spoiled and to ignore him..

P.s. If you guys get mean pm's it wasnt me, its Mambo 8)

Tell Mambo that Hank said he's starting the Mean Mommy Club and he wants Mambo to be his Vice President...

Main goal of the club: Make our moms realize that we really need all the things they used to give us and let us get away with before they found this darn website and learned that we are not in charge! We should rule the household!! All labs in favor unite!!

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

How much are you feeding him? How many times a day?

Mybabymambo Guest

A LITTLE LESS THAN 2 CUPS TWICE A DAY. BAG SAID FOR HIS WEIGHT SHOULD FEED 3 1/2 TO 4

Mybabymambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andi
    Tell Mambo that Hank said he's starting the Mean Mommy Club and he wants Mambo to be his Vice President...*

Main goal of the club:* Make our moms realize that we really need all the things they used to give us and let us get away with before they found this darn website and learned that we are not in charge!* We should rule the household!!* All labs in favor unite!!
    I have really learned alot here. But I am sure Mambo doesnt see it that way.

Hank. Just keep giving Mommy those big brown eyes and kisses and maybe she will give in. Mambo isnt allowed on the computer. So he will never know about the mean mommy club

Maybe you could add some non-fattening bulk to help satisfy that "starving" feeling. I have heard green beans can be added for that purpose.
    OK Here's a really tough one you need to address, you need to slow down his gulping of the food. Hopefully he will slow down on his own as he matures but rapid gulping of food in older dogs is believed to be one of the major causes of bloat or twisted stomach. This condition is fatal if not treated promptly.
    It's good that you are already feeding two meals a day. Keep that up. If he does not slow down there are ways to make him eat slower. One novel way is to place a length of large link stainless steel chain in the food bowl. This will cause him to lick and pick the food out and prevents him from taking large gulping bites. Another way that I have used is to add more water to the mix to make it more soupy. That way they can't grab big mouthfuls.
    Another suggestion to avoid that starving look after he eats is to maybe give him a Kong with a treat. That might distract him enough so he won't pester you for more food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast