The Ease of Training manners

Thread: The Ease of Training manners

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Ease of Training manners

Ender amazes me sometimes at the ease at which he learned some basic manners. Waiting at the door (even when it's open) until I say "okay", sitting at the door when it rings, coming to me and sitting when it's time to put on his collar (even when he's out of his mind excited)... and jumping.

We had a jumping problem for about a week. Is that normal?

This morning as he butt tucked around the house I was SURE he was going to jump up on the man coming to take him to day care... but he didn't. He body slammed him for sure... but no jumping.

I guess I'm just amazed cause I hear of the trouble other people have with these problems and their puppers being so headstrong.

Am I just lucky? ;D

brag brag brag.... I guess I'm pretty positive today... Ender still barks and yelps in the car and pulls on the leash... he isn't perfect!
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: The Ease of Training manners

I don't know. I think it's a combination of luck and the dog's temperament, training, etc.

Sam has never jumped on people. Even when I first got him. Not saying he wouldn't, just that he hasn't. So I never had to work with that issue.

I think our biggest difficulty is pulling on the leash. He will heel but if you release him, then he's very apt to pull. And I see some people on here who don't seem to have much trouble with that!

Luck of the draw I guess as to what problems you will have.....

Frances

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Misty,my first lab, was very easy to train. I absolutely thought all labs were that easy. Subsequent Labs have proved me wrong. From the posts I've read, you have put in a tremendous amount of research into training and have followed through with it. I think that has more to do with it than anything. Of course Ender could very well be easily trained. Either way it's all good. If you get a buddy for Ender in the future and he/she trains easily,then it's you. If not .......aw it's fun anyways ,just different fun! ;D
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by labs4life
    If you get a buddy for Ender in the future and he/she trains easily,then it's you.
    LOL!!! DARE I TEST IT?
    ~Lindsay

well well well, this seems to be just my post lol...

Kaycie, in my opinion is the the Queen of being hard headed. If it weren't for our trainer, Nancy, we would be lost, and I'd still have blue fingers. She was such a bad puller. Now we're finally getting that under control. As for the jumping, Anytime someone approaches me Kaycie goes buck wild and tries to jump on them. So for this we shake everyone's hand in Petsmart lol.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

I'd say it's a combo of your efforts and Ender being Ender ;D
    Even if your second puppy ends up being headstrong I am sure you will be able to change his/her ways and make a wonderful dog out him/her. It just might not be as easy :P

Ender's such a good pup ;D
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

BudGirl8 Guest

Ah I am jealous. Ender sounds like a good kid.

Billie monster is stubborn as the day is long.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    If you get a buddy for Ender in the future and he/she trains easily,then it's you.
    LOL!!! DARE I TEST IT?
    Absolutely!!! I think it's a great idea....Just wait until Ender is a little older.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I think it's a combination of luck and the dog's temperament, training, etc.
    Ditto. Three of mine don't jump, one does. Jumping IS a natural behavior for a canine so it not just disobedience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    LOL!!! DARE I TEST IT?
    Absolutely!!! I think it's a great idea....Just wait until Ender is a little older.
    Naturally
    ~Lindsay