Canine Cab Driver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canine Cab Driver

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultCanine Cab Driver

Since Eric is out of town and I have no way of getting Ender to doggy day care, I have been using the day care's Canine Cab service this week.

On Tuesday, the man shows up, Ender looks at him like "you're cool I don't mind going with you" all the while I'm waving and saying "bye sugar... have fun!"

Today... the man didn't knock or ring the doorbell just said in a deep low voice "HEY ENDER!"

INSTANT BUTT TUCK through the house with the most excited bark I've ever heard come out of my baby. He jumped up on the couch and lept over the back of it to get to the door.... wagging his whole body in excitement!

By now Ender has learned that I won't open the door until he sits (for more than a nanosecond) so he slams his butt down and whines until I open the door.

Man walks in and loves on Ender just as much and Eric and I do when we come home. ;D "OH Ender... are you excited?... let's go play are you ready?!" Ender runs over to me (holding his collar/leash)... barely sits to let me put it on and then happily trots to the man and walks out the door without a backward glace.

Talk about feeling happy/comfortable leaving your dog in the care of someone else! I walked out of the condo on cloud nine... as I walked towards work the driver passed me and waved.
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Canine Cab Driver

It must be such a relief to know he is so happy and well liked there. Especially, because it is so good for him. I can just picture the sit at the door. Same rules here and your'e right. Even if it's for a nano second, that tushie has to hit the floor hahaha. This has helped a lot with the jumping nonsense too.

Awww...I can just picture Ender butt tucking through the house in excitement. ;D ;D

What a wonderful feeling knowing that he loves day care and that everyone involved there has such a love for our babies.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

aww that's awesome! It is the greatest feeling when you know you can trust someone with your furkid

I can totally relate to the sitting and whinning at the door when someone comes!
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

What a great image--Ender leaping over the back of the couch! What a great service to have. Glad he's happy and that you're happy!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

So glad you have such a reliable service Lindsay. It so great to know they are well looked after - isn't it ?

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

That must have been a great feeling! Ender jumping over the back of the couch is so funny! Don't you love it when you see how happy they are? That's great that your daycare offers that service.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Such a good story......... and came at the right time for me. I saw Sam display the most excitement I've ever seen the other day when we met my friend who hunts and her two dogs. He waggled all over the place when he saw her! MUCH more than he does for me, and I was jealous! So glad to hear that Ender was just as excited to see his day care man. I'm going to try to realize that it's the place or the activities he associates with the person, not necessarily the person!

Frances

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

I thought about this some more and I called up the doggy day care place, sang the praises of this guy and told them what a good feeling I had this morning knowing how great the people were that take care of him. I think I nearly cried (what a woman!) and the manager was very flattered.
    ~Lindsay

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Cool. Your Ender is turning out to be such a great dog! Wow.

(I was going to ask you about the cab driver thing in your other post...I was scratching my head over that one) Glad you posted this.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast