Question on an ....ummm.... "amorous" puppy...

Thread: Question on an ....ummm.... "amorous" puppy...

Finnigan is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion on an ....ummm.... "amorous" puppy...

So he is 8 months and I think he is going into another growth spurt (higher energy, back to counter surfing : eating anything he can getinto his mouth, motre water etc.)

The issue is he is doing lots of humping - me, the blanket, my hubby and in fact my mom when she was here in town this weekend! . He is neutered (done at 6 months and was humping prior to the operation) and we had the occasional incident but over the past week it has been brutal - I was asleep and hubby let them up last night at 12:30 and he woke me up trying to hump the bottom of the extra blanket on my side (in otherwards my legs!!)! He was met with a very colourfull yelling at until hubby came and grabbed him.

Is this just part of a growth spurt - will it stop? What can we do to discourage or is there anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question on an ....ummm.... "amorous" puppy...

Train "off" and enforce it 100%

This is most likely not an "amorous" thing. If he is doing it to you, it is probably more about dominance or pure excitement. The dominance part is what you have to worry about... why didn't YOU remove him from humping your feet... why did you wait for hubby? You have to enforce your house rules... he has to know that both you AND your husband are the boss.
    ~Lindsay

Finnigan is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question on an ....ummm.... "amorous" puppy...

When I'm awake I do enforce off but he continues to do it -a s I said it only is in the past few days so i don't kow if it is realated to the growth spurt.

We had some issues with Sunshien for the same thing but we got her out of it - she never does this to us anymore ony occassionally to ablanket that smells like us and we even stop that with no or off what ever is applicable.