OMG! This is hard work (Paige and the STLRR Pup)

Thread: OMG! This is hard work (Paige and the STLRR Pup)

DefaultOMG! This is hard work (Paige and the STLRR Pup)

I knew having newborn puppies in the house would be work but I never knew exactly how much. This is really exhausting and stressful.

Are they warm enough - are they too warm - are they eating enough - are they eating too much - have they pooped enough - what color is the poop - is it the right consistency- is mom sitting on them - are all her teats producing - is the milk good - is Mom eating enough - is she drinking enough - when did she poop last - OMG is it time for them to eat again????!!!!!!!

We have the nursery very warm as all the info suggests but of course this is too warm for mom to really be comfy - so she rests in another room in between feedings and cleanings.

And then there are the 7 other labs in the house - all wondering why there's a strange dog in Mom & Dad's bedroom and why she doesn't want to meet them and worst of all are the cats who are now locked up stairs but every once in a while start meowing at the top of their lungs and of course Mom thinks it's her puppy screaming and runs to the bathroom and wants to go check on her.

I don't know if I even slept last night - I kept checking on Mom and pups, and even after they finished nursing and were sleeping and Paige was resting - I would go to lie down and then a minute later feel the need to check in there again to make sure they were warm enough but not to hot.

I'm sorry to say that we're down to just one puppy and even though she seems to be doing great - I'm still very worried. The others all "seemed" to be doing great right up until the time that they weren't and then they faded quickly.

Paige is doing great - but with each loss seems a little less interested. She will only nurse when I sit with her and before she wanted to be alone with the pups. Now she really enjoys her nap time away from the pup and I have to coax her back in there at feeding time. She's great while she's doing her job but if I make a move - she's up and wanting to leave the room with me. And the poor girl really isn't eating much - just a few nibbles of food in the morning or thru the night. She is drinking water - but I think I may have to make her something special to get her to eat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OMG! This is hard work (Paige and the STLRR Pup)

WOW... that has to be a lot to handle.
    ~Lindsay

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Aw, Dina. Sorry to hear the rest of the litter was lost. Let's hold out good hope for this little survivor. Let's hold out good hope that YOU survive!

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You're a saint, Dina! Hopefully, you will catch a break soon!!

Sorry to hear you lost the others I'm sure their situation upon entry to this world was less than ideal and they didn't have a great start. Bless you for doing everything you can for paige and her baby.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Dina...that is sad...and yes they are a lot of work. Sending prayers for some sanity and for the last pup.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

What you're doing is wonderful! Sending prayers for the little pup.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

I'm so sorry!* You are doing such a wonderful thing and the baby girl and Paige are in our prayers!* Hugs from Hank and me!*

Dina how sad. I can only imagine how overwhelmed you are, try to hang in there and rest! Poor lil things sending good thought to mom and pup.