Althea is a trouble maker.

Thread: Althea is a trouble maker.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultAlthea is a trouble maker.

Last night I was trying to finish up some school work while DH made supper. The dogs were roaming about, trying to beg treats from DH and tummy rubs from me. DH got the chicken in the oven and headed into the basement to use the other computer while I finished up my work. I wasn't really thinking about the dogs, which, as usual, turned out to be a mistake. Jacob and Tatum are Good Dogs; they don't steal, they don't beg (much), and they generally are happy to lie about and dream puppy dreams. Aly, however, is a dog of a completely different color (literally and figuratively). She like challenges. She loves trouble. And she has a wicked sense of humor.

I'm sitting in the living room, trying to get work done, when I suddenly become aware of Aly pacing back and forth, back and forth across the living room. Crap. This is one of her silly, evil, games. She likes to steal things she shouldn't have and then pace around the house with a "no I don't have anyfing in my mouf" look on her face until she is caught. If we don't catch her, she eventually eats it. I have discovered this based on the number of times I have discovered weird stuff in her poop.

So now Aly has my attention. Back and forth, back and forth she paces, her mouth looking like a kid who has just raided the cookie jar and got caught before he could swallow his catch.

"Aly, SIT!" Aly wags her tail vigorously and sits.

"Aly, what do you have?" Aly puffs her cheeks and rolls her eyes. Her tail is still flicking as she sits. She loves this game.

"Aly, open." As I put my hand on her muzzle, she opens wide enough to stick my hand in there, but not wide enough to see what I am going to find.

So, I stick my hand in there. It is usually a sock, or a tissue, or a wad of paper. I don't know where she finds the stuff, since we are super careful not to leave anything out. We think she has a stash somewhere and pulls stuff out when she is bored and wants attention.

This time it was....AN ENTIRE HEAD OF GARLIC! An entire head, minus the one clove DH had used to make supper. Of course, I yell for DH, since he was the one cooking. He looks as befuddled as I feel, and insists that the he put the garlic "way back" (read: not away) on the counter and was "only away for a couple of seconds."

Ms. Stealth Althea has somehow managed to pinpoint her prize, notice where DH stuck it, and then get up and reach all the way to the back of the counter to find it, all in about 20 seconds.

*sigh* It's always the smart ones, isn't it.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Althea is a trouble maker.

at least she gave it to you...lol
    IT's funny how they want to show us the trouble they are making....lol

Well at least you got to it before she ate it. The naughty one's always give us good stories to tell!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

that's too funny! i could totally see the whole story. ;D
    Ms. Stealth Althea is too darn smart for her own good.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Ha Ha ... I loved the way you told this!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Sorry - had to laugh the way you told it. Glad you got it back from her.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I could picture the entire story as I was reading it!!! It's great that she opens her mouth for you!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Dani is offline Senior Member

oh aly....tsk tsk.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Garlic is good for you. She's just concerned with her health; who can blame her?

Smart girl. Great story!