Chocolate Male at our Humane Society

Thread: Chocolate Male at our Humane Society

DefaultChocolate Male at our Humane Society

I've been volenteering at our local humane society since August I go walk the dogs Tues and Thursday for about an hour and try to work on basic obedience, sit, down, leave it, and walking on a leash. I figured for sure I would want to take them all home but up until last night I hadn't come across any that really had me wishing I could have another. Last night there was a beautiful chocolate lab there name Paris Hilton ( I have no idea why they named a MALE dog Paris HIlton but they did) He was a lot bigger than Mocha maybe 80+ lbs but he was so easy going. Other than the fact that he wanted out of his kennel once I got a leash on him he walked really well on the leash hardly pulling at all. Even with all the other dogs barking as we walked out of the kennel area. He sat with little a encouragement and only tried to jump up (not really on me) twice. He was soooo cute I wanted to take him home so bad. I've wanted a brother for Mocha anyway but it's just not the right timing with Smeagol in the house, the wedding coming up, and the fact that I want to start a family before too long. I spent a little extra time giving him some loving.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=7229522

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Chocolate Male at our Humane Society

Looks like a total sweety, I hope he finds a good home. Great job volunteering!

I was surprised when I started volunteering I didn't want to take them all home either. Until I met Chopper big black PB lab. Everyone was afraid of him because he would act up so badly to get out of that cage. One volunteer said "you're going to foster him...hmmmpf..good luck"..Got him home all he basically ever did was steal pizza and lay around..lazy dog I ever saw.

I think there are alot of the volenteers that are afraid of the bigger dogs too. I'm a fairly small woman but those are the first ones I go for. I got a thing for the big ones...lol There are a few I won't take out in the open for fear they will get loose as they are much stronger than I am but I will take them to one of the enclosures and play with them. This one though I took him out for a good walk there was even an agility class going on we walked past and he didn't make anything of it. Even Mocha who is older and has had 4 obedience classes gets excited when other dogs are barking or are running around. He didnt' act sick either just really sweet and laid back. They have a higher price on him then normal hopefully he won't be there too long though. I'll see on Thursday when I go back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I hope he gets adopted soon!! I have always wanted to volunteer at the shelters near by, but my fear is I would end up with a Zoo at my house.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

You know, that's how it was with Simon. I had been there dozens of times to walk and visit with the dogs...then I met sweet little Silly Simon, and just couldn't get him off my mind.

When the time is right, you'll know it, and all things about it will be right. In the meantime, it's great that you can spend some time visiting with the babies who are there. It means so, so much to them.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever