My dogs...
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My dogs...

Beej is offline Member

DefaultMy dogs...

No I don't agree on having my dogs locked up outside. They are only penned up at night. I go on alot of nature walks and take the pup and my other dog to the creek. They play so much. My pup is 5 months old and is already a bigger build and taller than my other dog. I can't feed them side by side because my other dog 'Rags' will growl and snap at the pup, Woody. Rags is just a mutt but he really is a very good watch dog and he is great with my kids. The reason they don't get to come in the house at night is because they are going to be outside dogs. Every dog I have ever had slept outside at night and at night only. does any one else agree with me?
    <br />Mommy to Shiloh-5 mos, Rags-3 yrs, Killer-2 yrs

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My dogs...

May I ask where you live? Climate reasons is all

There are some people here who do keep their dogs outside, but the majority keep them inside.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Kathryn Guest

Why are they going to be outside dogs? what is the reason?

Labs are family dogs. They were not ment to be outside dogs. I for one don't leave my girls out for more than 10 seconds at a time if I cant STAND OUTSIDE WITH THEM.
    They arnt dirty dogs, they don't smell unless they get into something, They do shed like nonother but um I have long had we we find just as much of my hair as my 3 girls.
    From day one Maggie and Dakota have gotten up from whatever they are doing to be with me. If they are dead asleep once they hear my feet hit the floor they are up and going with me. They even get in bed with me at night : .

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

No I do not agree with you at all.

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

I don't agree either. Unless there is a very specific reason that they HAVE to be outside, then I think they should be wherever you are. Labs are people dogs. I just had that reinforced in my mind last night when my dog left a new bone for the chance to go somewhere with me.

Frances

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Sorry, I just can't agree with leaving them outside.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Beej is offline Member

People they were breed to hunt and retreive. That is the nature in them. Yes I agree with you that they follow you everywhere. That is also in there nature. They don't smell. I have a child one year of age as well as a five year old. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I have been raising dogs from pups since I was 5 years old. I had the acassional few who were inside dogs all their life. I live on 43 acres of land. I live out in the middle of nowhere. They can sleep outside at night in their own doghouses.
    <br />Mommy to Shiloh-5 mos, Rags-3 yrs, Killer-2 yrs

Sadies Mom is offline Senior Member

I understand where you are coming from.* Growing up, dogs were to be outside.* My parents had a Chesapeake Retriver and a Lab (2 separate times) and both were only allowed inside when my mom wasn't home.* Now that I have my own dog, she is inside the majority of the time.* I will say that she does have a kennel and dog house outside that she goes into when we are not home.* Right now it is just in the grass, but spring time we will be laying cement and putting it on that (too cold to lay it now).* We do have a crate in the house for her at night, but she can't go in it during the day when we leave or she pees in it.*
    <br />Dawn<br />mom to 3 kids, 1 angel, 3 anoles, 2 cats, &amp; 1 lab<br />

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beej
    People they were breed to hunt and retreive.*
    YES, but NOT to LIVE outside, Not to sleep outside. They were breed to HUNT!

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

I dont agree. Our dogs are members of the family and live and sleep inside. They get to go out as often as they want and they choose to be inside unless we are out there with them.
    <br /><br />

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast