Bad night with Buddy-UPDATE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad night with Buddy-UPDATE

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultBad night with Buddy-UPDATE

I haven't been able to sleep but it's due to the phone ringing off the hook with friends checking on Buddy. It never ceases to amaze me how many people love this boy. He finally stopped pacing and I haven't heard much whining or crying. Maybe he's relieved to know why he 'rattles.' LOL.

Special thanks to Karina for posting that she had the same exact experience with her knee after surgery.

He still not totally normal...... I just had lunch and he didn't come for his 'share.' But he's resting and seems comfortable. I think he's on the road back.

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

It's 8am and we just got back from the vet.
    When we got back yesterday, he ate, drank and eliminated so I thought the worst was over.
    He went into his usual post-anesthesia routine of pacing throughout the house, whining and crying almost non-stop. This time, however, something was different. As he walked, you could hear what can only be described as rocks tumbling around inside a tin can. At first, I thought it was gas. So at various hours of the night, we took him out but nothing happened. By 2:30 am, I was on the phone trying to describe this without sounding insane. My vet would be in at 7am so I decided to wait it out.
    He was just examined and it was decided that the noise is coming from an air pocket created by the removal of the huge lipoma. She said her attempt to remove it all resulted in cutting into some of his regular fat and he more or less has a big empty hole in his armpit. As he heals, it should mend and the noise will go away. I certainly hope so!!
    Before I try to go back to bed, I am posting a copy of this update on Buddy's MySpace page so for those of you that are over there too, it's a duplicate message.
    Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes. Hopefully my next update will be a better one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bad night with Buddy

Oh my gosh...I can't imagine hearing such a noise. You must have been going out of your mind with worry.
    I am so glad you were able to find out what was causing it...
    Poor Buddy...again I hope he gets feeling more like himself soon..and you must be exhausted.

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

Poor Buddy! I'm so sorry he's had to go through all this and hope he begins to mend and feel better soon. With your TLC I'm sure he'll be back to his normal self in no time.

Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Oh no, poor Buddy

Quick healing Buddy!!!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Oh, the poor thing! Hope his discomfort alleviates quickly. Sorry for the difficult night you had, as well.

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Thinking of Buddy - keep us posted.
    Brenda from Connecticut

I hope it's what the vet things and nothing serious. Hopefully it will heal quickly and go away. Good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

I'm so sorry.........I know you must be exhausted. Good thoughts that he feels better soon!

Frances

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry. Continued prayers for Buddy that all is well and he heals fast.

pj

awwww, sorry you all had a tough night.
    thinking of you guys, and continued prayers and good thoughts out to buddy for a speedy recovery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast