Collars?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Collars?

DefaultCollars?

I need a good collar for Sadie. The one we had when she was little seemed fine, but this new one sucks!! She has had it for about 3 weeks and it keeps coming undone. The first couple of times it happened we though it was because we were grabbing her by the collar as she was pulling away and I though maybe my finger was on the buckle part. Well today she was just outside playing and when I let her back in her collar wasn't on her. I searched the yard and found it just laying in the yard, not near anything she could have got it caught on.

So what are some good collars that are not going to break the bank buying them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Collars?

Putortudor (ack can't remember how it is spelled) has a whole list of sites.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Leather?
    Waterproof?
    Fun designs?
    Solid plain nylon?
    ~Lindsay

I guess I don't have anything in mind, fun design would be cool though. Her first one was just a plain pink and this one was a freebie from my sister's neighbor (red plaid looking). We actually have 3 more in different colors, but I would assume they are all going to suck!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

Maggie and Dakota have/had Lupine collars. I really like them.
    Their website can be found at www.lupinepet.com At their website you can find a store near you or find an online site that sells them!

I really recommend Lori's collars... www.3dirtydawgz.com (yup Ender is her logo dog lol)

Her collars look so beautiful (my favorite are the stripes) she is VERY friendly and did a custom JL wine collar for a large group of us. Her collars are also very well made... I like the metal buckles in particular
    ~Lindsay

I was wondering if the metal buckle would be better that the plastic one. I will check these sites out right now! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadies Mom
    I was wondering if the metal buckle would be better that the plastic one.* I will check these sites out right now!* Thanks!
    I'm not sure if metal is more secure or the same. I haven't had any troubles with plastic... so that makes me think you either got a defective one or I have good luck.
    ~Lindsay

My sister uses a plastic buckle on her Boxer and it is fine. Her Boxer is a puller too...she borrowed my Easy Walk Harness to try out and loved it. I was thinking it was defective, but heck this gives me a reason to buy Sadie a new cute collar ;D I see a pink camo one DH might actually be OK with (like he really has a say anyways )

Quote Originally Posted by Sadies Mom
    My sister uses a plastic buckle on her Boxer and it is fine. Her Boxer is a puller too...she borrowed my Easy Walk Harness to try out and loved it. I was thinking it was defective, but heck this gives me a reason to buy Sadie a new cute collar ;D I see a pink camo one DH might actually be OK with (like he really has a say anyways )
    Heee hee.. go for it girl... pretty soon you'll be able to join our collarholics club
    ~Lindsay

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

I try to stick to metal buckles because Buck busted through a plastic buckle when he was 5 months old I think.* :P

We were camping at a lake and were all relaxing after a swim. I had him hooked up to a long line. He saw another dog running at him so he wanted to run towards him too. Came to the end of the line yanked so hard the plastic buckle just snapped in half. I had to tape the thing up till we could find a petstore to buy him a new collar.

His "work time" collar is a 1" wide hemp collar with a big metal buckle. Very sturdy!

Only time I use plastic buckle collars now are when I want him to look festive when people are coming over to our house.* :P

Lori from 3dirtydawgz does make good collars. I bought a couple from her. I love em

Oh Putertutor has a list of sites you can go to buy collars from.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast