What was life like before labs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was life like before labs?

DefaultRe: What was life like before labs?

Before Emma, we had 2 Sr Citizen dogs. They were in their routines and life was predictible and boring lol...in a good way!
    Then along came Emma and changed everything. She turned us and the house upside down. She has added so much joy and laughter it amazes me.
    And now...Aidan has added his own sweet, charming little personality into the mix. He is slowly starting to feel more and more comfortable. Getting braver, exploring, and showing a side of my son I didnt know existed. Life before our labs was certainly not half the fun it is now. And I am grateful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Just today while grocery shopping I was thinking to myself that I have just as much special stuff for Sammi as I do su or myself. Peanut butter, soup bones, green beans, fruit etc. have to make sure those Kong's get filled!! But as she lay's next to me on the couch, snoring her little heart out, I can't imagine not having her as a part of our lives!!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

We have always had dogs so I can't really say what life was like before them!

On the days when we don't have the dogs here (say for example the day before we go abroad and the dogs are already at the pet sitters) it is SO quiet and boring. I have to say though that it is nice to get the occasional lie in!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Life before Lexi... while it hasn't been all that long (not quite 18 months), but it was definitely quiet and less exciting.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Labs have been part of my life since 1982. Except for a brief period of 2 years when we lost Maxie and got Maggie and Daisy, we have been stewards to this wonderful breed. I would think by now we wouldn't be surprised by their antics ,but they are a constant source of amazement.

As a side note, I wish this forum was available years ago. I can't believe the wealth of knowledge out there. The stories from others, help confirm that we weren't the only ones with "interesting" issues.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

Life at my house before the labs was quieter, much less hairy, much less complicated and very boring!

Now, it's vacuuming almost everyday, a spot we made in the kitchen called "lab central", a world of kongs, tennis balls, training classes, vet visits, lots of poop to pick up outside , labby kisses, warm cuddles, and most of all laughter!

I can't imagine my life without Abby and Jack.

Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Quite frankly - I don't want to remember

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

lonely

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

I remember nights out on the town, going to the gym without going home and spontaneous vacations at the drop of a dime but I don't ever remember feeling so complete as I do since having my dogs in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

I used to vacuum less often, change my sheets less often, clean the bathroom less often. But I also had a lot less fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast