New dog food Natural Balance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New dog food Natural Balance

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultNew dog food Natural Balance

Well when I got home my BF has already went and bought some new dog food. I wanted to post the ingredients and see what you guys thought.

Chicken, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols - source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract), Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil, Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Dried Kelp, Sodium Chloride, Parsley Flakes, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplements, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Lysine, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Inositol, Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), D-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Biotin, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin K1 Supplement, Sodium Selenite

Do these look good?

Forgot to put the name of the food..Sorry

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: New dog food

Looks good!!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

The ingredients look good EXCEPT what is the maximum amount of calcium?

I'm a believer (as a majority of JL members are although certainly there's a large group who don't subscribe) in feeding a LARGE BREED PUPPY FOOD for the first 12 monthgs of life.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

IMO too many protein sources. I won't feed a food with multiple protein sources like duck and lamb included with chicken. IF the dog develops food allergies, you've already eliminated 2 protein sources that you can use.

Laura

A lot of dogs do well on Natural Balance.

DefaultRe: New dog food Natural Balance

I agree with Laura on the protein sources..but I am also bothered by "natural flavors" I always wonder what that really is..in Human foods it usually means it has some MSG.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I also agree about the multiple protein sources. I prefer single protein source foods but only because my dogs do well on them.

If I remember correctly Mambo has some skin issues? if so, I would look for a hypo allergenic food geared towards allergy sufferers with a single protein source. I know Natural Balance do a duck and potato formula you might want to look into.

Overall though, a good food in my opinion. A million times better than Beneful...you can't even begin to compare the two.

Mybabymambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I also agree about the multiple protein sources. I prefer single protein source foods but only because my dogs do well on them.

If I remember correctly Mambo has some skin issues? if so, I would look for a hypo allergenic food geared towards allergy sufferers with a single protein source. I know Natural Balance do a duck and potato formula you might want to look into.

Overall though, a good food in my opinion. A million times better than Beneful...you can't even begin to compare the two.
    Even though Mambo has mange, Vet says was passed from mom to him. Would it still be considered a allergy? I am clueless on this and any help would be great

Our dog Tala has done really well on Natural Balance. She had some runny poops with the standard formula, so we switched to the allergy formula.

Mybabymambo Guest

Well he bought the 5 pound bad so we could try it. I made BF actuallymeasure the amount and give to Mambo. He seems to really like it alot. Normally I would put food in bowl and have to force him to come over and eat. Now he is waiting for me to put into his bowl.

If he had any allergies, what are the signs. Would it happen really quick? Thanks for the inputt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast