crate sizes

Thread: crate sizes

Defaultcrate sizes

Murray's soft crate finally gave up this weekend. I've had troubles with the zipper for some time but kept putting off getting a new crate. I don't have any option now since Murray punched his paws thru the zipper. :

I can buy a replacement cover ($75) from SitStay but then I started thinking that I'd like to get a smaller crate for Essy instead then Murray could use Essy's old crate. Right now she is in the same size crate as Murray's (42Lx28Wx31H). She's a lot smaller than Murray so the crate swallows her up. I was wondering what size crates you had for your Labs. The other size options that I think might work are:

42LX28WX31H (This is the size she has now)
    36Lx24WX27H (I know this one will work)
    26LX18WX21H (I think this one will be too small but I thought I would check anyway)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: crate sizes

Both Dakota and Maggies crates are 42X28X31's

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I have the middle size you posted. It's a good size for them. I probably could even go a bit smaller, but I like them to have room to get up and move around and lay back down. I got mine from J&J five years ago. They've been used a LOT and are still holding up well... worth every penny.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Angus has the 42x28 in a wire version for home, soft version for shows, and de-wickered version (thanks to Simon) for the club

He also has a Vari-Kennel for the back of the truck that is around that middle size, I believe. It's OK to ride to the lake in, but I don't think there's really enough room in it for him to stretch out. He weighs 68 lbs. and is 24 in. tall. Does that help?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Yes that helps. Murray is 24" tall too which is why I have him in the larger crate. Essy is about 21" and much shorter in length too so that's why I thought I would go with a smaller crate for her.

Jeffrey ordered Aidan one and it is 42LX28WX31H

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    Jeffrey ordered Aidan one and it is 42LX28WX31H
    HAHA! That will be big enough for Aidan and all of his siblings. Don't worry, he'll grow into it.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Theo's wire crate is 36"; his VariKennel is 42". I'm sort of wishing we had the 42" wire crate because he seems sort of cramped in the medium-sized one. (He's such a comfort hound--loves to stretch out completely. :P)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Lydia, Magnum and Ruger are under 23". Magnum is 22" and Ruger is 22.75". Both are short thru the back compared to some labs.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I acrually got Tal the 48" size. When he is fully grown it will probably be a little large but he is crate trained and has never had an accident in it.

So I probably got a little carried away but I don't think it will swallow him.