How much?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much?

JeffG is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow much?

As a JL.com newbie...this question may be a big no-no...i've searched and searched through the forums and I can't find anything. If this isn't an appropriate question just slap my hand and i'll forget it! BUT, i've seen prices from $350 to $1000. I know it depends on sire and dam, and so forth, but for a limited registered...is there at least a range?? Again, I apologize for my naiveness!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How much?

A national range for well bred (show/bench/english type) puppies is 700-1200. This would be for a puppy whose parents have proper clearances and are themselves (or directly descended from) champions. I can't help you with field bred pups.

Where do you live?

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I paid $1000 from a reputable breeder in NJ for Frankie last year. Five years ago, I think we paid $400 for Tucker. He came from a vet who was also a "breeder" in PA.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Eh I don't think it's a no-no.

$350-500 is most likely a back yard breeder.

$800-1000 is more likely a good breeder with solid lines, dogs that hold tiltles either in show or field or both... all the health clearances are done. These breeders do not breed for profit but spend lots of time/money/effort in making sure their puppies are good examples of the breed and as free from genetic health problems as possible.

But really you can't go on the price. I said "most likely" cause I've never heard of a good breeder selling puppies for less than $700. I said "more likely" cause I have heard of plenty of greedy BYBs or "designer bred" dogs (labradoodles) selling their puppies at $1000-1500.

BE CAREFUL... DO YOUR RESEARCH and be patient... a good breeder takes time/effort to find and then you'll have to wait for the right litter to come around.
    ~Lindsay

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Price of puppies depends on your location, the breeder and the quality (show/field/pet) of the pups, so basically there is no "range".

What are you looking for? a pet? show dog? field dog?

Both my boys are from top field lines with titled parents and (although I am not in the US I worked it out online) cost me just over $1000 each. My boys were both sold as working prospects. Dogs that are sold as working or show prospects are usually a bit dearer in price then dogs that are to be sold as pets.

JeffG is offline Senior Member

Well, I started a post earlier about breeder locations. I live in northeastern Texas. This dog will be solely a family dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    A national range for well bred (show/bench/english type) puppies is 700-1200. This would be for a puppy whose parents have proper clearances and are themselves (or directly descended from) champions.
    Jeff, mine's solely a family dog, but this was the price range I found when searching.

Another probability I urge you to concider is adopting a rescue. Even if you really want a puppy there are plenty of them out there that need good home. Some of them purebreed some not but they will still make great companions anf faimly pets and can even be shown in obedience, rally, or agility with an ILP regestration if you would want to. I beleive there is a post on here about a rescue in TX that has some new born puppies now actually that is looking for homes.

Here is the link I was talking aboug

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,22326.0.html

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

From around here (Indiana) I found the average price range for a dog with good lines and clearances ran from $800-$1200. My breeder gave me a deal on my black female because I had reserved a black female and for two litters we waited and she was well worth the wait. Our breeder doesn't breed frequently so we were willing to wait. Our yellow female came from her and is the best dog, sweet disposition, and mellow but has a strong retrieve drive. Doesn't really matter, she is our companion as is the other. Just our babies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast