NLR-Calming support liquid-toy poodle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NLR-Calming support liquid-toy poodle

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultNLR-Calming support liquid-toy poodle

I need your help guys... remind me who on here has a toy dog? I think it's a yorkshire?

My friend has a 6-7 lb toy/teacup poodle that has some anxiety issues. She purchased Composure Liquid from 1800petmeds http://www.1800petmeds.com/pdetail.asp?SK=10809 and gave it to Maddie as a test run. She is moving in a few days which involves a long car ride from WI to Colorado and wanted to see if this would help Maddie be calm. Well... she found blood in his stool yesterday and thinks this may be the cause. The direction say "1/4 teaspon twice a day for dogs under 25 lbs" I think that is what she gave him.

Her vet is super expensive so she isn't going to take him in, just is going to stop medicating him with this stuff. Should I advise her to take him in? I'm thinking that dosage was way too much and I'm hoping there is nothing seriously wrong... blood in the stool though... yikes that would freak me out.
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: NLR-Calming support liquid-toy poodle

Catherine (bacatherine) has a Yorkie named Smeagol

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

we have a yorkie Smeagol he's 8.9lbs now (see my post in O&E : ). He dosn't really have anxiety problems but whenever giving him any meds I would definately check with the vet first because of his size. If the dog is only 6-7 lbs and it calls for 1/4 tsp for a 25lb dog I wold probably give about 1/3 of that but I would probably ask the vet first even then. With Smeagol he has a very sensitive digestive track and anything he eats that he shouldn't can cause major vomiting diarreha (last time w/ blood) etc. then he get dehydrated and ends up in the hospital overnight. Since they are so small they get dehydrated quickly and take it hard. I would tell her to at least call into the vets office and ask if they can reccomend something or give her a dosage for the stuff she has for her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Barb.... I copied your advice word for word for her.
    ~Lindsay

Pat has a Westie.

no problem I hope their move goes smooth for the little girl. I would rather an anxious girl I think than one with an upset tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    no problem I hope their move goes smooth for the little girl. I would rather an anxious girl I think than one with an upset tummy.
    Yeah... me too.

(oh btw.. friend is female, dog is male )
    ~Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    Yeah... me too.

(oh btw.. friend is female, dog is male )
    oh sorry...lol toy/small dogs are really different to take care of I am always so paranoid with Smeagol getting into things or being new places. He is just so much more vunerable to little things it seams. Mocha I don't really have to worry about like that she could eat about anything I think and not get half as sick as if he eats a peice of dust or small peice of plastic.

Yeah I don't think I could do it... have that small of a dog. Westie is about as small as I would consider (and they seem more durable lol)

I worry enough about Ender. :
    ~Lindsay

I love Smeagol but he's not my ideal dog either. My fience had him when we met so he's "his" dog but then again he lives with us so he's ours. I would not get a dog that was going to be less than 25-30lbs personally I just love a dog that is a little bigger. Mainly just because they are easier to housetrain, and train in general, by the time I get to smeagol to correct something he's on the other side of the room, and most of them are yappers...lol

Wes's parents have 2 Shit-zu's they are cute but still a little to small for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast