2006 Secret Santa
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Secret Santa

Default2006 Secret Santa

This is the OFFICIAL sign-up thread for the JL 2006 Secret Santa Event!!!

Please make sure you send an email to [email protected] by November 15th. That is the last day anyone can sign up.
    Make sure your Email includes: Your screen name on Just Labs, your real name and address (use the address that you want your present sent to), dog's name or names.
    If you have more than 1 please list all dogs in the family, any allergies your dog may have. We will try to match up members with multiple dogs.

We have members from all over the world participating.* Your Secret Santa may live in another country. If you will not be able to mail to another country please let me know that in the email. Once I assign you to someone it is very difficult to switch.

Think about which address you want to list in the Email: Home or Work . The address you give,* is the one we will give to your Secret Santa. You may prefer to give a work address rather than home address.

We ask that you spend 20$ on your Secret Santa present.
    Please mail your package by December 12th in the United States and December 5th for Canada and December 1st for any other location.

Once you receive your Secret Santa present, please post on the forum that your dog's package arrived. Your Secret Santa will be waiting anxiously to hear whether or not their package arrived safely.

When you decide to open your Secret Santa present is up to you. Some people open them* right away, others wait for December 25th. Whatever you decide, just please* make sure you let your Secret Santa know as soon as the package arrives by posting here.

Please take pictures of your dog opening their gift to post here on the forum if at all possible. Secret Santa's REALLY enjoy being able to see your dog enjoying the present(s) they chose. If you can't post pictures please remember to thank your Secret Santa.

When you see your Secret Santa dog posting pictures of your gift being opened or posting a thank you for your gift, you can then reveal to them who you are.

If for any reason you sign up and then cannot send a present, let me know immediately. We don't want anyone who sends a gift to not receive a package. Unfortunately, each year there are 1-2 people who sign up and then don't follow through. This leaves someone who did send a present with nothing.* :'( Please, please...If you sign up, make sure you will send something. Also, acknowledge what you receive by posting a thank you on the boards.

Let's make this the most successful Secret Santa year ever!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 2006 Secret Santa

Awesome, thanks for coordinating this Susan.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks Susan!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Can I make one small suggestions? I dislike/disagree with this sentence: "We ask that you spend 20$ on your Secret Santa present. If you wish to go over and spend more, that is fine but please stick to 20$ as the minimum amount."

The idea of a spending limit is just that: a LIMIT. I'd want everyone to spend about the same, which is why there is a guideline. Saying that you have a MINUMUM is missing the point: it makes anyone who sticks to the guideline look cheap. Every secret pal program I've ever participated in asked people to stick with the same minimum AND maximum.

I suppose no one will really care what I think, but I still find this sentence objectionable.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

ok took that line out...It certainly was not meant to offend anyone.

Mybabymambo Guest

Susan this sounds very fun. Just sent you an email. Thanks for setting this up

I cant believe its that time of the year already ;D

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

You've got mail!!
    Thanks for organizing!! ;D
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Just sent our info too! Thank you so much for doing this!

I have a question for those of us in the exchange with multiple dogs: Are we sticking to $20 for two (or more) dogs, or should we spend around $20 on each dog?

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    ok took that line out...It certainly was not meant to offend anyone.
    I don't think it was offensive...I just meant to say that in my experiences the guidelines are for both minimum and maximum.

I'm sorry if I was rude...I didn't mean to be.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus
    Just sent our info too! Thank you so much for doing this!

I have a question for those of us in the exchange with multiple dogs: Are we sticking to $20 for two (or more) dogs, or should we spend around $20 on each dog?
    Even with multiple dogs, the recommended amount is 20$ total.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast