hmm Sounds while sleeping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmm Sounds while sleeping

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Defaulthmm Sounds while sleeping

Does your labby make sounds when they sleep?

I just heard Buck making really weird whinney sounds. He didn't sound very happy. It was a high pitch whine grunt then whine then grunt and then he went slient. Then I heard him making rustling sounds and then a big grunt and a short woof which ended with a whine...Is he dreaming???
    When he was younger he used to "run" in his sleep ( you know move his legs as he lay on his side) but never made sounds. He would stick his tongue out and he looked like he was smiling.
    Lately he's been making sounds mostly the whiney kinds. Should I wake him up when he is making whiney sounds in his sleep? I didn't wake him up today. Just let him be.
    Poor guy...I wish he'd have the kinds of dreams (if he is dreaming that is) he used to have where he'd "run" with a smile on his face....
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: hmm Sounds while sleeping

Theo does this. Sometimes he barks in his sleep, sometimes he whimpers, sometimes he nurses. I think they have very active dreaming lives.

Mine yelp, whimper, run, twitch, cry and bark and blow dry bubbles - pa, pa, pa, kinda like that. They also snore.................... nothing lasts for long though.

Talking of which Fanny is doing it right now. Her face is all a twitch, it was itchy today, and her legs are going.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It's kinda funny to listen to it all! Well except the wimpers and whines makes me sad...and wonder what kind of sad dreams he may be having.
    Buck definitely snores in sleep and he grunts a lot.

Last night we were driving back from CT (2.5 hour drive). He sat in the back with me sprawled out in the back head on my lap and slept. Whole drive he grunted and snored and drooled and woofed. Too funny!

Sadie makes tons of sounds. I usually ignore most of them, but when she is doing the whine, fast grunting, and body twitching I will try and wake her up. She snores really loud, and she also "nurses" in her sleep. You can actually see her tounge curled up ans semi sticking out of her mouth like she is nursing...it is too cute.

Yuna is offline Senior Member

When we brought Floss home we took video of her sucking in her sleep, it was really sad. It was a little heartbreaking when she found my daughter's soother and sucked on it off and on. She's 12 weeks now and I hear the occasional snore and weird dream. She still likes the soother. :-\
    <br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

Emma does...she makes lots of them. Sometimes I will wake her. If she sounds distressed I will pat her until she stops. And Aidan makes little sucking noises. Dreaming of Libby, I'm sure.

aww poor little Floss and Aiden.
    I remember Buck sucking on a little blankie he had when he was 8-10 weeks old. After that i had to take it away because he decided he'd try to rip it

Clarence makes all sorts of noises while sleeping too. I'll only wake him up if he's twitching a lot or making really loud whining noises. He looks at me like, "Why'd you wake me up? I was just about to catch the squirrel!" It's so cute when he nurses in his sleep, with just the tip of his pink tongue sticking out.

All of my dogs make sounds and move while sleeping. Samson used to do it too. Hooch does it more often than the other two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast