Just Labradors banner

hmm Sounds while sleeping

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Delielah 
#1 ·
Does your labby make sounds when they sleep?

I just heard Buck making really weird whinney sounds. He didn't sound very happy. It was a high pitch whine grunt then whine then grunt and then he went slient. Then I heard him making rustling sounds and then a big grunt and a short woof which ended with a whine...Is he dreaming???
When he was younger he used to "run" in his sleep ( you know move his legs as he lay on his side) but never made sounds. He would stick his tongue out and he looked like he was smiling.
Lately he's been making sounds mostly the whiney kinds. Should I wake him up when he is making whiney sounds in his sleep? I didn't wake him up today. Just let him be.
Poor guy...I wish he'd have the kinds of dreams (if he is dreaming that is) he used to have where he'd "run" with a smile on his face....

#3 ·
Mine yelp, whimper, run, twitch, cry and bark and blow dry bubbles - pa, pa, pa, kinda like that. They also snore.................... nothing lasts for long though.

Talking of which Fanny is doing it right now. Her face is all a twitch, it was itchy today, and her legs are going.

#4 ·
:D It's kinda funny to listen to it all! Well except the wimpers and whines makes me sad...and wonder what kind of sad dreams he may be having.
Buck definitely snores in sleep and he grunts a lot.

Last night we were driving back from CT (2.5 hour drive). He sat in the back with me sprawled out in the back head on my lap and slept. Whole drive he grunted and snored and drooled and woofed. Too funny!

#5 ·
Sadie makes tons of sounds. I usually ignore most of them, but when she is doing the whine, fast grunting, and body twitching I will try and wake her up. She snores really loud, and she also "nurses" in her sleep. You can actually see her tounge curled up ans semi sticking out of her mouth like she is nursing...it is too cute.

#6 ·
When we brought Floss home we took video of her sucking in her sleep, it was really sad. It was a little heartbreaking when she found my daughter's soother and sucked on it off and on. She's 12 weeks now and I hear the occasional snore and weird dream. She still likes the soother. :-\

#9 ·
Clarence makes all sorts of noises while sleeping too. I'll only wake him up if he's twitching a lot or making really loud whining noises. He looks at me like, "Why'd you wake me up? I was just about to catch the squirrel!" It's so cute when he nurses in his sleep, with just the tip of his pink tongue sticking out.

#12 ·
Emma dreams at least once a day! :D Sometimes she's running, sometimes she thump her tail and make sucking noises... But most of the time she make some weired barking noises, growl and her whole body moves! ;D That's so cute and I will try to tape it sometime!

#13 ·
All the time. This morning Oona started wagging her tail really hard, I thought for sure it would wake her up but it didn't. The best or worst is when she starts this low gutteral howl. That will raise the hair on the back of your neck at 2 in the morning.
Olie

#18 ·
Rascal makes noises too while sleeping. He will twitch in his sleep also. The first time he was doing the "nursing" in his sleep I thought he was having a seizure or something because his tongue came out a bit. FREAKED me out!! I woke him up and later asked a friend of mine who has dogs, she said hers does the same thing. Makes me sad though when he starts to "cry" in his sleep. I just wanna go over and cuddle with him to let him know his ma'ma is there and everything is alright.

#19 ·
Rascal makes noises too while sleeping. He will twitch in his sleep also. The first time he was doing the "nursing" in his sleep I thought he was having a seizure or something because his tongue came out a bit. FREAKED me out!! I woke him up and later asked a friend of mine who has dogs, she said hers does the same thing. Makes me sad though when he starts to "cry" in his sleep. I just wanna go over and cuddle with him to let him know his ma'ma is there and everything is alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.