How do you do it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you do it?

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow do you do it?

How do you entice your Labs to go outside one last time before heading to bed?

Are they dead asleep, like mine?

All my dogs are so freaking lazy!!! I can't stand it.
    Brenda from Connecticut

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How do you do it?

I lift up his front end and push him off the bed. Really.

Also, he knows that if he goes out and pee, he can have a bedtime snack in his crate. So we've got a little ritual going.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sometimes I can't. I just go to bed. They can hold it a long time

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

It's hard for both of us, getting up and such. It tends to work if I say "wanna treat?" followed by "go peepees" ...somehow the association is there...smart girl ;D
    Becca & Phoebe

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sammi alway's dread's that last move off the couch on to her bed!! Alway's tries to bypass the door, Sort of drag's her butt, hehe--it's a rough life she has!! ;D

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I don't make them do a last call - they tend to always go out a 9pm and then if for some reason I stay up they will wake up and ask to go out around 10:30-11:00 on their own. They wake me up at 5:30 no matter what they do at night, so I don't worry about it.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Pretty much same here as dakkerdog. I don't worry about it...he can hold it a long time. He'll sometimes go out around 9:00-9:30, then no more, 'til morning. He's in no hurry to go out in the morning either....he HAS to eat first! :

I don't worry about it either, they ask if they need to go out.

That usually means squirrel chaising for Eddie and a barking session from Fanny to tell the neighborhood that she has been mistreated again. "You know, she didn't take us to the park again this afternoon, we were there an hour at lunch time and then I slept in my nice blankie for the afternoon and after supper, I cuddled up with the toss pillows on the couch because it was cosier than going out and though we went out on the patio and played for a while SHE DIDN'T TAKE US TO THE PARK THIS AFTERNOON...."

I have never taken them to the park 2x in one day but I know she is out there telling everyone we didn't go! This happens at any hour she feels like it. Mostly though they sleep through and are in no rush in the morning to go out either.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

ohh our ritual used to be...*poke* *poke* "hey Buck? wake up? it's "hurry up time""* Buck's reponse - *GRUNT* *GROAN* *smackin of lips*
    Me: "BUCK! come on! COOOKIIIEEE YOU WANT A COOOOOOOKIEE?"
    Finally lazyman would stroll out of his crate and out the door. Pee and then head inside straight into his crate and eat his little treat and go back to sleep.

Now he just goes to the bathroom at 10pm and heads to bed. I don't bother with 11pm pee time anymore. He actually lets me sleep in till 10am on weekends. It's amazing! On weekdays he's up at 6:15am which is fine by me
    This is the same pup who used to wake me up at 4:30 am 7 days a week. It's all a miracle!
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

I just need to stand up and walk toward the door. Everyone is always willing to go out. I have an awful time sleeping, so last out tends to be around 1:00 -2:30 in the morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast