I'm starving my 6 month old Lab.......

Thread: I'm starving my 6 month old Lab.......

DefaultI'm starving my 6 month old Lab.......

..... or at least she thinks so. Good Lord, you would think I NEVER feed her. When ever anyone walks into the kitchen, she flies in there and stares at you bug eyed as though maybe this will be her lucky day and get some food!!! My husband new name for her is Hoover!

By the way, yes, I do feed my lab, 3 times a day, with extras!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ILoveBuddy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm starving my 6 month old Lab.......

Could she possibly have worms??? My Buddy was always starving, and looked thin even though I fed him regularly. My vet recommended a de-wormer, and immediately he was better. The vet said a de-wormer won't hurt them even if they don't have worms, and I don't know where they pick up worms. But it might be worth a try

modgirlreporter Guest

George and Gigi feel her pain. We're trying natural food to see if it will stop George's itching which means ... no treats for a few days. I want to reintroduce things one at a time, IF this food stops his itching (not so far, but it's only been 24 hours). So they both stand around looking mournful and complaining to each other audibly ("Mommy's MEAN!!!!") and hanging around while WE'RE eating insisting that they're simply RAVENOUS and if we weren't so mean and nasty, we'd give them some food! Mind you, their bowl is kept full all the time so they can eat at will. Be strong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Well, yeah! You need to be giving her all kinds of treats all the time... NOT! Mean humans, we'll never understand.

Hang in there.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Labs have an increasing need for food as they grow and get older up to about age 8-10 months and then, at that time, it gradually declines to about half that amount.

Most Labs are gluttons (or gourmands) and have no reasonable sense of proper limits.

My beloved Bess, my first Lab [BF, AKC bench line (competitive breeder), 55 lbs., 1967-81] was like that and had NO internal sense of limits of how much food was appropriate. ALL limits had to be imposed by the people feeding her.

My present Lab, my beloved Puff, [YF, AKC field line (competitive breeder), 63 lbs., DOB: 8-'01] is one of those rare, mutant Labs that self-regulates their food consumption. She eats 1¼ cups of food 2X/day.

She leaves food untouched in her dish morning or evening if she doesn't need it (often).

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

sounds like Zora and Buck get along REAL well!
    He does the EXACT same thing. It all started around the age of 4 months and well he's 10 months old now and it's not getting any better lol. Well ...it does take him longer 30 seconds to finish his meals. But the begging is horrendous!
    He STARES and he DROOLS! OMG THE DROOL! It's a miracle none of us including Buck hasn't broken a bone yet from slipping on the drool
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

My 7 month old lab is the same! I have to schedule a neutering and I hate the thought of having him go without food until 9 am when the vet opens! he is going to be a basket case!!!! :

Quote Originally Posted by Buckyball
    sounds like Zora and Buck get along REAL well!
    He does the EXACT same thing. It all started around the age of 4 months and well he's 10 months old now and it's not getting any better lol. Well ...it does take him longer 30 seconds to finish his meals. But the begging is horrendous!
    He STARES and he DROOLS! OMG THE DROOL! It's a miracle none of us including Buck hasn't broken a bone yet from slipping on the drool* *
    Ha! That's Zora! When I'm making her food, I'll look down at her and she has drool hanging from her mouth!