Dog Backpacks

Thread: Dog Backpacks

LarrytheLab is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Backpacks

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. It seems like it's been forever since I've posted - school and work are keeping me so busy!

Anyways, I'm wanting to start hiking with Larry, and I want him to be able to carry his own stuff. I've got it narrowed down between the GraniteGear Ruff Rider or Kelty Chuck Wagon. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Doyle and Larry<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sally Harrell is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Backpacks

I hike with my dogs almost every weekend and I HIGHLY recommend the Ruff Wear company.* The packs may be pricier than others, but the quality is outstanding!* Here is the link to their packs:http://www.ruffwear.com/Products/dog_packs* Bear wears the Palisades Pack II - it's a bit more heavy duty than the Approach Pack - basically depends on what level of hiking you'll be doing.* The Ruff Wear Company products are so awesome - I use several of them and LOVE them - totally worth the extra cost if you want a product that fits correctly and lasts a long time!
    Here's a picture of Bear wearing his pack:

here's a picture of Bear (on the left) wearing just the harness that the Palisades Pack attaches to - great feature for proper fit as well as for when your dog is resting or needs a break from carrying the pack!

LarrytheLabs Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Backpacks

VERY cool! Thanks Sally- I'll give Doyle a heads up to your response.
    Katherine<br />Charleston, SC<br />