Lost ball, found ball *ethical question*

View Poll Results: If you found a ball that someone has obviously lost & there is no one around, would you keep it

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 75.47%
  • No

5 9.43%
  • Depends (on the value of the ball, if you recently lost a ball, etc)

8 15.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost ball, found ball *ethical question*

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

DefaultLost ball, found ball *ethical question*

I keep losing the $5 hard rubber balls I buy Corby for the Chuck-It, and I found someone else's today (similar ball). There was no one around, and I felt that Karmically it was mine & took it for Corby but maybe that was bad So I wondered how others feel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Lost ball, found ball *ethical question*

It's a ball, lol. Maybe you could put an ad in the paper to find it's owner. lol* You did the right thing.* If someone says "hey i lost my ball", just say "hey i found this one, you can have it"* The circle repeats itself.* If you saw a $100 lying on the ground, with no one around, and no one to claim it, or ask if it was theirs.* I'd say it was a miracle from god.* lol This was your pup's miracle from god.*

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I feel that balls are up for grabs, but better toys should be left or placed somewhere obvious. I have lost three--THREE!--Chuck-Its when I accidentally left them on a park bench while leashing Theo up (and mindlessly chatting with someone). By the time I've returned, they've been gone. It's unbelievable to me that anyone could think, "Wow, I guess someone just THREW THIS AWAY!" >

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I would keep it only because I'm sure someone has some of our toys. It's not a big deal. If it were an expensive one like $453,000 I would try to find the owner, but if it was $452,999 it's mine. ;D ;D ;D

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

I voted No . . . not because I'm that honest but more because I'm superstitous:
    I'd be afraid someone left a wart on it and wouldn't even touch it!* :

I would keep it. I know I left 2 of Cinnamon's at the doggie park Saturday because the other dogs were having such a good time. A 2 pack runs me 69 cents.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I lose so many balls at the park with our Chuck It, that when I find one, I consider it mine. Even if it never was. Mine now.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

At our dog park such treasures as grimy tennis balls, well loved bumpers, laeking bumpers are considered sort of community property. Used while you and your dog are there and left at the park for the next dog. Really expensive items, like hats, gloves, car keys are hung on the closet gate in the hopes that the person who lost them will see them, and reclaim them

Der

I'm voting yes because if it was obviously lost and abandoned, then it's fair game. For example, if I am out golfing and I find a ball that is buried in deep grass and it's obvious that someone didn't just hit it and is looking for it, I consider it a lost ball and will pick it up.

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

Ditto - at our dog park, if you leave balls on the ground, they are considered to be park balls and anyone just picks them up and uses them. Expensive toys are a bit different and don't generally tend to be left up for grabs.
    Becca & Phoebe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast