can you help me identify this??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you help me identify this??

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

Defaultcan you help me identify this??

I've noticed a spot on ginger the other day...its on her left back leg. it doesn't seem to be growing or getting any smaller. anyone know what it possibly could be??

heres some pictures of it...it was hard to get a picture of it. i also left them big because when i reduced them you couldn't really make it out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: can you help me identify this??

It's hard to tell from a picture. Is it a circle? elevated? itchy? hairless? If it doesn't bother her, I would make a note of it, keep checking it, and ask the vet next time you're there. If it seems to bother her, take her to the vet to see if it's anything to worry about.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I can't be certain from your pic, but I'd have the vet look at it. We had a Malamute/GSD cross years ago. We got him when we was only 8 or9 weeks old. I noticed a bump sort of like that, on his side. It reminded me of a mole that a human might get, it was clear, the same color as his skin. It never seemed to grow until he was several years older. It was growing in, not out ...... when it finally grew out, it was very difficult for the vet to remove it. She barely had enough skin left to suture it...... I always had hindsight, that if I had brought it to the vets attention a long time ago, that she could have removed it a lot easier...... for sure I'd have it checked out at the vets.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

fur does cover it but does not come out of it. also it is flesh toned, circluar, elevated and she only tries to lick at it if i am looking at it. she does not bother with it any other time.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I wonder if it's a histiocytoma?
    http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=445

Zoe had one several years ago, and it went away.*
    If in doubt, I would go to the vet.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

bdk6069 Guest

Do dogs get ringworm?

Quote Originally Posted by bdk6069
    Do dogs get ringworm?
    yep

i dont think its ringworms because its raised. i could be wrong...but i thought ringworms were flat on the skin.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Kinda hard to tell from the photo....hmmm Buck has a little patch on his back leg. Feels like a scab though, kinda dried and the colour of his skin. Vet said it's a callus.

Does the spot on ginger feel soft...kinda like a zit or is it dried and scab like?

If it's not irritating her or getting bigger or smaller I'd just keep an eye on it and then the next time you go to the vet definitely ask them about it.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

One of my pups, Max had a histiocytoma that looked similar. While it probably would have gone away, the vet injected it with something and it disappeared very quickly. It was slightly bigger than a pea in size.

it sorta is zit like...i was searching her last night and found some much smaller ones on her back with reddish skin and dry flakes around them. the one in the picture is about the size of a pea but doesn't poke out as much.

anyone know if mange has raised bump??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast