Remi's marvelous morning adventure
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remi's marvelous morning adventure

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultRemi's marvelous morning adventure

Here I am, posing nicely for Mom, just before we start training this morning.*

Today Dad said we are going to practice in some of the new blinds we've never actually hunted from before.* They are two hay bales rolled together at a 45 degree angle, and has a camo fabric-covered swing gate on the wide end.* Here I am being "stealthy" ... don'tcha think?* He he.

And here's Cappy and me waiting nicely just inside the pond side of the blind with Dad.* We can't move until he releases us with the OK command.

Hey, what's that sound I hear, Dad? It's coming from way down at the far end of the wetlands.* It sounds almost like Geese!

HOLY BAT CRAPOLA!!! Cappy ... it is Geese ... Look at all those huge buggars!*

Dad!* Why aren't you shooting??!!!*

OMG Cappy! Did you hear that? Dad says two more weeks before season opens.* I'm shaking all over, how bout you?* There coming right over us!*

Well ... at least we got to fetch a few lousy bumpers in the flooded wetlands but I'd much rather have feathers!*

Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Remi's marvelous morning adventure

Great pictures! That first one, especially, is a keeper for sure.

I don't see any dog in that second picture! Must be her gecko-like ability to blend in with her surroundings.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I think I've said this before but you've got the luckiest dogs in the world! great pictures and what an amazing place to call your own.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like they had an awesome time this morning!! I bet they can't wait for season to open

Great Pictures and what a beautiful place!!! Good luck hunting guys.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Jim, awesome shots by Carol.

Love the "Dad! Why aren't you shooting??!!!" pic. Cute
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

MYJAKE is offline Senior Member

Great pictures!
    Gary - Owned by Jake and Brody in Georgia

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Love the picture story. Is that a ball field behind your property with all those lights?

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    Love the picture story.* Is that a ball field behind your property with all those lights?
    Yep Monnie, sure is. That's the Sam Rayburn School on FM 273 about 1/2 way between Ivanhoe (where we live) and the town of Telephone (honest) TX. We have a 2nd property of 56 acres right there. We raise wheat and bermuda grass for hay and of course have a 7-1/2 acre training/hunting pond that is almost 12 acres now in flooded stage. The picture is very deceiving. That school is over a 1/2 mile away and that's the effect of the telephoto lens.

If you thought I was kidding about the town name ...

The property where we were this morning has the red map pin on it. The school is just about where the "4" is in 75476. Our home is back just before Ivanhoe. That yellow/blue/black dotted line is the Red River which is the OK/TX border. We're five miles from the border and 75 miles straight north of Dallas.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

Linda ... As I'm posting I'm listening to a Honolulu City Lights by the Beamers. It arrived today. Thank you nui loa! I have a little moisture in my eyes from all the good memories the songs on that CD brings back. Kisses from Carol and Jean too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast