labradogs.....a new breed in designer dogs...................maybe.

Thread: labradogs.....a new breed in designer dogs...................maybe.

Defaultlabradogs.....a new breed in designer dogs...................maybe.

Eddie and Fanny and I went to the bark park the other day and there were 2 labradoodles there, very cute, pinky white in color and very hyper. Brody wasn't there, he is a brown labradoodle, ball obsessed, which was a shame becuase the owners* probably would have enjoyed a chat. Brodie isn't interested in other dogs, just his ball.

Then a little further on there was a man with 2 Shi Poos. Excuse me Shee Poos. Now, I have 2 Shi Tsus and have always called them that. However, I have been instructed recently that the correct pronunciation is Shee Zoo. Hmmm. Politically correct I am guessing.

These* 2 little dogs were cute. One was 5 YO and looked like a poodle with a face like a Shi Tsu and the other was 1 YO and looked like a Shi Tsu with a face like a poodle. They came from the same parents. Which made me think that someone had a poodle and a shi tsu and put them together and is now making money.

I also wondered why anyone would want a breed with a name that would make everyone think of waste product. Aha! That's why it is Shee Poos and Shee Zoos! Gosh, I can't imagine why I didn't think of that before? Duh!

On the way home, with Eddie sticking his upper body out of the window feeling the wind in his ears, I started thinking that maybe I have a new breed in the making!

He is mostly lab with some border collie, an itsy bitsy bit of german shepherd and maybe some pointer (he points before he chases birds)

So I was thinking maybe LABRACOL or LABORCOL or LABBORCOLSHEP. Couldn't think of a way to get the pointer in there and the others were a little, just a tad, cumbersome. To say the least.

So there I was waiting for the light to turn green, with Eddie making eyes at the man in the car next to us (my MIL thinks he has very sexy eyes, I am very worried about her) and it hit me.

The new breed I am inventing just for Eddie is - drum roll please - LABRADOG! Ta da!

I thought after all the 'designer breeds'* I had met at the park, and I know there are a couple of labragoldens there, not to mention the golden/bassett mix I have seen (an accident I think, I hope) that Eddie being the masterful, strong, brave wimp that he is needed his own breed. LABRADOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo! There will be a ceremony at my house to announce this when I get around to it, maybe the first Sunday that comes in the middle of the week? You are all invited.

Eddie the Labradog! Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: labradogs.....a new breed in designer dogs...................maybe.

I think you can call Eddie a Labracutie.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

hahaha I will be there for the announcement!

GO EDDIE THE LABRADOG!! w0oT! w0oT! ;D
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Eddie is so cute, I just want to give him a big :-*

my MIL thinks he has very sexy eyes, I am very worried about her
    LOL!!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

LOL! Great post! I can't wait to go to the announcement ceremony!

Eddie is definitely the best looking Labradog, he should really be the standard!
    ~Jo & CoCo

My parents dog Chester is a little like that - his mother was a very friendly white shorthaired ???dog with small black faded spots on her back and caramel coloured ears and his dad was a black lab with some rottie. Chester was dark brown and looked like a Chocolate or Chesapeake, only a smaller size - and he does the pointer pose all the time. (now at 12, he's quite faded with a lot of white on his face)

Anyway - We always called him "HEINZ 57" when people asked what he was.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I also wondered why anyone would want a breed with a name that would make everyone think of waste product.
    ;D

One of my plans is to breed Shih Tzus with Lhasa Apsos and create Lap Shits.

Oh lord, that's funny! I also heard of peki poos today, yep pekinese and poodle!

The ceremony will be a while as Eddie is busy being sent back to social school. Lessons will be long and slow.

MIL has backed off from the sexy eyes thing because she realized that it sounded weird but also because if you ask Eddie to give you a kiss he does, right on the lips. And is very successful at getting his tongue in your mouth. Pretty icky but I have to laugh at the look on his face when he does it - totally intense and focused on those lips (any lips) waiting for them to open and he is as quick as a lizard. Slurrp!

I wonder what or who he was in a previous incarnation?