Does anyone feed Raw beef to their dogs??

Thread: Does anyone feed Raw beef to their dogs??

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes anyone feed Raw beef to their dogs??

I was preparing a beef stew and decided to give them each a piece before throwing it all into the pot. They loved it but I don't know if I'd do that again. Anyone give raw beef to their dogs??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Does anyone feed Raw beef to their dogs??

I don't but some forum members feed strictly a raw diet, bones and all and they swear by it.

Cinnamon gets a beef bone with plenty of meat left on it 2 or 3 mornings a week.* She gets a frozen lamb raw patty(thawed) the other days of the week just because she would kill for lamb.* Her kibble has a freeze dried raw meat product coating.* It is the only kibble she has ever eat with labbish enthusiasm.* She is a self regulator and will skip eating if she isn't hungry.* I started the raw things in the morning as her vet told me I had to get her to eat in the morning as she was skipping it, she would rather sleep in. She was down to 64 lbs and the vet had told me at 69 lbs he would mind seeing her gain another 5 pounds.

The raw stuff seems to be doing well with her.* Never made her sick and have the trots.* I won't feed raw chicken products as I am to picky about raw chicken surfaces being bleached.

I believe Felicia feeds Henery raw also.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Allie is offline Senior Member

I give my dogs raw bones, and they have stolen raw meat waiting for the grill several times with relish :. I think if I had more time to devote to it, they would be happy eating raw.
    Allie, Teddy (6), Emily (7), and Ivy (4)

Mystrie is offline Senior Member

I feed mine raw bones. And many times I have given them raw trimmings from beef as I prepare our meals.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Yes! many people feed a FULL raw diet which includes meat of all sorts. Little pieces of fresh raw meat now and then certainly won't hurt them. Dogs have a much shorter digestive tract then we humans and this allows them to process raw meat without trouble...those teeth are made for ripping at flesh and bone.

My dogs are kibble fed (purely for time and convenience) but they get as many raw meals as I can squeeze in. They always get several a week minimum. I did feed half raw/half kibble BUT mostly raw for about 6 months of this year and the health benefits are awesome.

If you want to be daring you should try regular raw meals if only once a week. Your dogs will love it. I would use something easy on the digestion like chicken wings or chicken backs for a first raw meal.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    If you want to be daring you should try regular raw meals if only once a week. Your dogs will love it. I would use something easy on the digestion like chicken wings or chicken backs for a first raw meal.
    Just make sure you don't mix the two (raw and kibble) -- it should be one or the other.

Yes, my local supermarket sells raw beef for animals. Mine get it as a treat. I never feed raw and dry at the same time though.