Which looks better? Red Eye Program
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which looks better? Red Eye Program

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhich looks better? Red Eye Program

Because I have a black dog who I cannot take a pcture of without getting red eye, no matter WHAT I do* > I was playing around with a Red eye removal program.
    They provide 2 dog eyes to use..one for a light colored dog and one for a black dog. What do you think? Does it look too unnatural? Is it better off before I did the correction.

Emma

Before

After

Aidan

Before

After

<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Which looks better?( warning 56k'ers)

Honestly, I'm not sure if before or after are better, but maybe that's just because I was primed that it was the result of photo-editing. I've found that the only photos that come out well of Toby and especially of my cats are ones that are taken in bright ambient light without a flash. Otherwise, it's Demon-Creatures with spooky glowing eyes all the way.

Great looking dogs in any case, and Aiden is just indescribably adorable.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I like Aiden's "after" but I'm not sure about Emma. Both eye's look "off". Have you tried using the eyes you used for Aiden? They look more natural (brown).
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lol demon dogs you are SO right! Is it the camera? Do the expensive newer digitals get rid of the red eye? My Mom has one that will flash twice to remove the red eye but we all hate it. It flashes, people think the picture is taken and go to move and then it flashes again to actually take the photo. What a pain!
    I truly cant tell which is better either and if it's worth it to take the time to remove it. Aidan's was easier...I think that color eyes is easier to fix. And thanks...he is soooo indescribably adorable. My Dad was over tonight for dinner, and said he was like a little polar bear lol.
    <br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    I like Aiden's "after" but I'm not sure about Emma.* Both eye's look "off".* Have you tried using the eyes you used for Aiden?* They look more natural (brown).
    No, I used the black dog eye for Emma. I will try that though. I agree Aidan's are better looking. Thanks for the idea.
    <br /><br />

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

I definitely see a difference in the after.

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I'm hardly the expert, but I don't think it's the camera per se, but rather the flash. If the shutter speed is slow or delayed (like nearly all digitals), the effect is further amplified. Red eye with digitals is worse, but it happens with any flash. I've not found that the ones that do the pre-flash series show any real improvement, and you're right, they just annoy the subjects and generally screw everything up. Bright diffuse daylight and no flash, I tell you... though of course, they are always doing something that is amazingly photographable just when the conditions are wrong and/or the camera is nowhere handy.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Which looks better? Red Eye Program

Honestly I can tell there's a difference but they both seem kind of unreal to me. Does your camera have settings for indoor/outdoor...party...beach...etc?? I mess around with those until I find one that works for me, or I manually play with the exposure settings (don't ask how I just do lol). I take my best Molly pictures outside or when there's a lot of natural light inside. Abby seems to photograph well as long as there's enough light of any kind

These were all taken with our kodak digital and not edited except for size:
    (there's a little demon dog eye in this one but it was inside)
    (this was in the car...lots of light from the outside and I didn't use the flash)

*Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I don't think either look good. They don't look natural. What program are you using?

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

The one that comes with PSP, Monnie. And i don't like them either. I keep coming back and looking and they look terrible. lol Especially Emma's. I'd rather see glare than artificial zombie eyes!

Stacey, I think im going to try not using the flash and see. I have an Olympus. Older model..not sure which type.
    <br /><br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast