Just Labradors banner

Can you help us save these girls?

3K views 48 replies 30 participants last post by  Joe Maringo 
#1 ·

Their time is up today - which means they will be euthanized tomorrow unless I commit to pulling them and ask AC to hold them for a day or two. We are currently full & have dogs boarding that are waiting for our nxt foster space to open up and as always we're short on funds. So I'm struggling with taking on any more dogs especially since we're already paying for boarding on several and these would probably also need to be boarded. But, of course, their photo is really getting to me.

Are any of you guys ready to start fostering for our group? If I can get at least 1 person to come forward for one of these girls OR one of our other dogs - I might be able to convince myself that we'll raise enough money in the next few weeks to handle all our boarding expenses and not over burden our group by taking on two more.

Anyone......

Dina
www.txlabrescue.org

See less See more
#13 ·
Northern Illinois here, so not able to foster, but would be willing to make a donation.   Please rescue them; it breaks my heart.

I just retired Oct. 1, and have been thinking about fostering, but think I may be too emotional.

Just read my JRTCA magazine, and it contained articles on the over 270 JRTs that were seized in Texas in August by the SPCA.  The JRT Rescue is looking for foster homes and donations too.   How very sad.

#14 ·
Dina, I want to send a donation too. Should I send it to the address on the Web site? Tell us what you need!

Please help them, someone! I can't stand seeing those numbers either. So cold. :'(

Saying a prayer that they will be saved.

#16 ·
The boarding possibilities available are 5, 7, 8 or 10$ per day depending on who has space.

Keeping in mind that we have other dogs in line for foster spaces - it could be a while before we have an available space.

So, 30 days of boarding is ranges from $150 to $300 for 1 space.

So, as much as I hate to ask for funds - I guess that's what I need besides fosters.

That's what will save these two girls but we also need volunteers to attend events and sing the praises of Lab Rescue. We need a Fund Raising Committe to help think up new ideas and do some of the leg work invloved in bringing the ideas to life. We need another goup of volunteers to brainstorm new avenues for reaching qualified of people to adopt and foster our dogs. We need volunteers to go to visit our dogs that are boarding and take photos and spend some time getting to know the dogs and help us write bios on these dogs.

We need volunteers to help us write some of the text for our website (we're in the middle of a redesign). Some of these things will obviously need to be handled by local volunteers but others can be worked long distance - so don't let your location stop you from getting involved.

And if you are local and you can't commit to full time fostering - please sign up to take a dog home for a weekend or even out for the day. Our dogs need you and I know I sure could use the help.

#18 ·
Duke's Dad - We're a Houston based group but we don't have a "location"
Most of our dogs are in private foster homes all over the city and the ones that we're boarding are in a few different kennels.
We're using a boarding facility in Spring, 1 in Magnolia, 1 near Missouri City (Fondren and the beltway), 1 in Tomball, and 1 in League City. On occasion we also use boarding facilities in town in the Spring Branch area and when needed we have a few vets that will board for us.

#19 ·
Barron Bunch,
I am in Houston (Spring Branch) and will help out with the effort. I don't have any room to foster but I could do visits and maybe help perhaps foster on weekends to give a real foster a break. I will be out of town this weekend but I will get in touch next week.
As for those two girls you might try to contact Michelle at Camp Canine in Alvin. She has fostered in the past and may have some additional contacts in that area.
Her website is: http://www.campcaninetexas.com/
BTW, on that opening page of that website you can see Duke and Freckles in the bottom photo.

G
#25 ·
Got a friend that lives close by. I sent her the link you gave at the bottom and she is going to see what she can do. She might not be able to help as she already has three dogs of her own. But I hope she can help. I will let you know if I hear more from her. Sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.