6 am walk Raider saw his first buck

Thread: 6 am walk Raider saw his first buck

Default6 am walk Raider saw his first buck

He was growling about a block away and I kept shushing him then he froze and I looked up there was a huge buck just standing there looking at us with his HUGE HORNS or whatever they are called. I didn't know if deer charge you, this stare down was about 30 seconds until a jeep came up the hill and turned off its light and the deer took off it was so cool.Then we smelled a skunk and got the heck out of there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: 6 am walk Raider saw his first buck

so what did Raider think of his first Buck sighting. the horns are called a rack and some have been know to charge but on very rare occassion's they are scared of people mostly.

now you can take your camera on walks with you.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 6 am walk Raider saw his first buck

Very cool. 8) They are called antlers on deer. They really don't charge and I have found they are much more likely to be spooked by you or your dog and run away. Kody and I come across them a lot hiking through the woods. Last spring we came out of the woods and into a clearing and saw 4 doe with 2 fawn. They were about 50 yards from us and froze as did Kody and I. I had Kody in a down and stay for about 10 minutes while we watched them. The deer watched us for a minute or so and then continued feeding while we watched.