Cocoa is coming back now too...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cocoa is coming back now too...

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultCocoa is coming back now too...

Owen is now here and Cocoa is coming back tomorrow.

In case you forgot, Cocoa was the last brood bitch that we got from this "breeder" in a town south of us. She is 4 years old, AKC registered and microchipped. She was born on that farm and lived her almost 4 years in a 4 by 7 kennel in a barn...well, unless she was whelping a litter that is. :

Cocoa is also the mother to Jenn's (mom to J & A) Tatum...whom they adopted from us in June. Well, we adopted Cocoa out in a very short time to this young couple. He was in graduate school working part time and she was finishing up her undergrad degree. We went over everything with them...including how much extra time Cocoa would need because she is shy and can scare easily (just like Tatum).

Well, now, against my advise, they didn't crate her so she got bored and chewed a few pairs of shoes, a remote or two and has peed in one place in the house several times. On top of that, he says he under-estimated the amount of time it would take to have a dog. :

Poor Cocoa...I just want to get her some stability and routine in her life so she could start getting some self esteem.

*sigh* What a week.

Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Cocoa is coming back now too...

Sorry this is happening. I will never understand how people can do this kind of thing ... especially to a dog like Cocoa who has been through so much.

I hope that you are able to find Cocoa and Owen the homes that they deserve.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

:'( :'( Hopefully they will get the forever homes they deserve. It's amazing to me how people can ignore sound advice then blame the dog. **sigh**

Cocoa sure is a beautiful dog too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Poor babies. I hope that Cocoa finds the forever home that she deserves for real this time.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

I also will never understand how people can do this. They were told to buy a crate. And when they dont and she is bad out of boredom, they want out. > >
    She is beautiful. I hope she finds her forever home soon.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

WHAT the H#LL is wrong with people??

Thinking of you Dani and hoping finds a good home soon.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I, for one, will never understand how people can just give up. Oh, I hate to be too judgemental. But on the other hand, I always think in the back of my mind, "If I can go through what I went through with Angus - come on people! If I can suck it up and deal, you should be able to as well!" I literally thought he was going to be the death of me. I had people telling me left and right I should take him back. We even sometimes wondered if they were right. :-[ But would we have ever *really* given up on him? Not in a million years!!! No way!

How can you abandon someone so trusting? Someone who has no voice to speak for themself? How could you take a dog back to a shelter, and see the question and hurt in their eyes as you left, and ever be able to sleep again? :'( I suppose it's a lot easier to bring a dog back to you, Dani, as they know they will be loved and nurtured until you find another home. But still.

Well, I'm sorry it's been that kind of week.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Dani,
    I wish I had the opportunity to take them all. As a Realtor here in Alpena, I send my clients a coupon toward $50.00 toward their adoption fee if they choose to bring a new pet into their new home. Maybe you could hook up with a local realtor and let them know what you do and maybe they could match up one of their clients with a new pet.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Cocoa is beautiful. It's heartbreaking to think that she has never had the life she deserves

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Tough week, uh? Sorry to hear you have two coming back but they are both beautiful and I know they will get the forever homes they deserve. Hang in there and best of luck to you all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast