Pansy the cat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pansy the cat

WigWag Guest

DefaultPansy the cat

I know there is a "cat heading" but a few asked some questions about our "Pans Pans". Pansy is a lynx point Siamese. It all started with a lynx point boy I rescued 15 years ago that I named Hector. He was so beautiful with his big blue eyes and since I love both tiger striped cats and the creme/brown of a Siamse the lynx point was the perfect blend. When sweet Hector passed away I searched for another lynx point boy and found our Rex. He is a huge lovebug.

Hector:

Here is Rex:

Then when we lost our beloved little cat Phoebe last November in a tragic accident I thought I would not get another cat. My husband kept after me for months about getting a kitten - more for me than the kids. Well I started searching Siamese rescue and Petfinder. I wanted a traditional seal point kitten this time. Siamese rescue refuses to place young kittens in a house with toddlers and large dogs so I was waiting for a young adult and searching on my own. It takes a special cat to move into a busy house like ours and it's not for all kitties. We have a reclusive cat whom I have had for 10 years - he was "Hector's cat" but now he really dislikes the kids. He loves the dogs and the other cats so that's good but I will never force another cat to live in a house that doesn't suit him/her. I found Pansy through Petfinder. A beautiful lynx girl was found wandering with a seal point male. She and her mate were brought to a shelter and she delivered six kittens that evening. I called the very next day as it was just listed. The woman told me they were inundated with calls and to check back in a few weeks - I left my name and number. Well she called me 5 weeks later and said a lot of people's plans fell through. I then drove 3 1/2 hours to NY to pick up a kitten accompanied by Clint of course. I walked into a well cared for pound and saw a few mother cats and kittens. I spotted the Siamese litter and the woman said that I could choose whichever one I wanted. There were four girls and two boys. Five of them were seal point and one was a lynx point but since I already had Rex I wanted a seal point. I opened the cage door and the little lynx point came running over purring and rubbing. I pushed her away to see the others who were more timid. I petted them and they purred and that darn lynx point kept rubbing on me and trying to climb up my shirt. The woman said that I could take two if I wanted. My mother-in-law wanted two kittens so I thought that we could see if one would fit our house and give the other to her and if neither worked then she could have them both. I picked up a pretty seal point female and after pushing the little lynx point away a few more times I decided to take her too. When I arrived home Mackenzie was thrilled and immediately wanted the seal point. It was also immediately apparent the little lynx point was exceptional and the seal point typical in temperament. I said we had to let them settle in to decide. After a few days my husband says "What is there to decide? I go to see them and one runs over to me and climbs my leg and the other runs under the couch!" Well Pansy decided she was the one for us. She fits in perfectly. She does play with the big dogs jumping up and grabbing them around the neck and whacking at their tails as they pass by. She's sweet and outgoing and kind. Her sister is very happy living a very quiet life with my mother-in-law with her 17 year old cat and a new 4 month old kitten.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Pansy the cat

Thanks for sharing the neat story and photos. Pansy seems like a wonderful addition to the family!

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Love a happy ending!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

What a nice story. And wonderful pics!

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

beautiful cats!!

This is a neat story! I love cats! and my one that I grew up with looks like these girls!

Oh wow..gorgeous kittens! Love the picture with Mackenzie as well. She is so pretty and the baby is not looking like a baby anymore! Do people tell you she looks like you, Sharon? Because I think she does...amazing.
    Which dog is that with the kitten? Widgeon? Awesome picture. That could win a contest or something.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

What a nice story...the pictures are so cute!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

swimmer is offline Senior Member

Thanks for all that great info, Sharon.

One more question -- does Pansy meow a lot? I've heard that Siamese are quite vocal.

BuddyHsMom is offline Senior Member

What beautiful kitties! And such a great story, I loved reading it

Barb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast