Update Neighbours

Thread: Update Neighbours

Blondedog Guest

DefaultUpdate Neighbours

Some of you might remember awhile ago my post about Bruce's aggression issues with one of our neighbours. Well here is an update Bruce is never outside by himself and repremanded sharply if he barks or growl anywhere near the fence. Hubby was outside this afternoon rolling up the hoses and Bruce is just hanging around enjoying the sunny day. Sasha (annoying, yappy mean cock-a-poo) starts barking and digging at the fence. Hubby tells Bruce to "Stay Here and Be Quiet" he sits beside SU and minds his own business. All of a sudden Sasha has wiggled through the fence and is hanging off Bruce's neck growling and snarling. She wanted a piece of him. Neighbour comes to get his dog. No apology or anything takes her home and says dumb dog get in the house. I saw the whole thing out the kitchen window. Needless to say SU was a little angry when they came in the house. It just bothers the hell out of me that we are trying to be responsible dog owners and have a well behaved well adjusted dog and they don't have to. >

Bruce is now at my feet enjoying a yummy marrow bone for being such a good boy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Update Neighbours

Good boy Bruce! I don't know why but there definitely seems to be different rules for little dogs. But that doesn't make it right. Your neighbors should be thankful that Bruce didn't decide to have their little guy for an appetizer! ;D

I agree, but you all did and have done the right thing. So take some consolation in that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

The high road is always best. I think you guys handled it very well.

And based on the comment "dumb dog" pretty much said it all. I feel for Shasha...too bad she didn't have anyone who really cared about her.

There was a woman at the vet yesterday who had a Terrier of some kind. And the poor thing had to be forced to come into the office. Then she growled at every person AND dog in the room. The lady said she had not been socialized with other dogs...duh, tell me something I don't know. I wanted to say you thickhead why don't you do something about that then she will be alot happier and won't behave this way.

Some folks just floor me. Granny used to say if they aren't gonna take care of them then folks shouldn't have them in the first place.

Blondedog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    I agree, but you all did and have done the right thing. So take some consolation in that.
    I agree totally. Almost makes me feel sorry for Sasha she is a product of her home. Just like kids they need rules and boundaries.