Sam's back from neutering

Thread: Sam's back from neutering

DefaultSam's back from neutering

Well today was the day. I dropped Sam off this morning to be neutered and brought him home this evening. He is acting fine. I can't believe how good he looks/acting. I made him go in his cage so he will rest. I have been given the "stink eye" many times as he goes past his dish. That was the first thing he did when he got home...ran to his food bowls! What a Lab! No food till morning big guy. I was glad my vet allowed me to take him home tonight. I know he is much more relaxed and comfortable here. It was so weird not having him in the house. Well I am going to tuck him in and remind him that "he still is a real boy!" Hopefully the night will go smoothly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sam's back from neutering

Glad Sambuca is doing so well after his surgery. I hope he continues to recover quickly.

Get Well soon Sambuca

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Glad he's home w/ you and feeling good! How long do you have to restrict his exercise?

Thanks for the "good thoughts". The night went great. I can't get over how well he is doing. Not sure what I expected! After reading Ender's first night I expected more problems. Lots of crate time and no heavy jumping or running, especially with other dogs. They don't want the stitches to tear. They said 10 -14 days for the running/jumping. We are just spoiling him with kongs and making sure he is on a leash when he is out so he doesn't get a "sparky" as we like to call his butt-tucking!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Hope the night went smoothly, and his tummy is happy this morning. Stink eye from the starving guy!!! ;D
    Could this be a new series??? Seriously, hope is recovery goes well and is uneventful. I know what you mean
    when you say the house seems weird, it is too darn quiet without them. Isn't it amazing what a difference
    they make in our lives.

Great to hear Debbie.Ruger & I wish him a speedy recovery! I think I'm procrastinating(sp) becasue I fear the 10-14 days of keeping Ruger somewhat calm....thats a joke!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Glad you got your boy back and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Brookville, Pa.

Deb,

I am so glad to hear Sam is home and doing well. I can just picture his sweet face giving you the "eye"...they do love their food.
    I cannot imagine trying to keep him calm for 10-14 days ...I think you will be getting the sink eye quite a bit here in the near future.
    Give him a big hug from me and Beau.

Thanks again for the well wishes! Sheila and Jan, after reading the instructions I asked,..."so are you giving me some special Lab sedatives!" I just got some chuckles and some smiles! I guess that was a no! He is being calm today...lots of crate time and kongs to keep him busy. I am sure I will be pulling my hair out soon trying to keep him busy. Sheila, are you still planning on having everyone up in a few weeks? Let me know. I know I am not an official group member, but I would love to meet everyone. I was actually a member for a short time when it first started, I just couldn't keep up and boy is it hard for me to type in dog language! There is a big dog fest that weekend in Northeast as well. I can give you details.