Ender's Catch of the day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ender's Catch of the day

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultEnder's Catch of the day

The other night as I was taking Ender for his usual romp around the trails near our condo (you know.. the one next to the river) ;D I started to notice that he was taking longer than usual to go submerge himself in the river and come back to me :-\. So I called him... about 20 seconds later I see him run up the hill towards me and I see he's got something in his mouth. Oh no... what yucky tree branch does he have now? > I wondered. AS he got closer I squinted to discern what this large black thing was hanging out of his mouth.

Suddenly I GASP as I realize he has a DEAD... mostly eaten allready... BIG BLACK FISH!!! (where's my throwing up emoticon?) As he looks at me proudly... his mouth grasping the spine of this fish.. the head was DRAGGING on the ground and the tail hanging 6 inches from the other side of his mouth.

"DROP IT!!!!" >

"LEAVE IT!!!!" :-X

"COME HERE ENDER!!! GOOD BOY GOOD BOY.... COME ON!!!" *clip on leash*

*sigh of relief*

And in my happiest voice "come along now.. lets go tell daddy you gave mommy the shock of her life... finding a fish as long as her arm... who would have thought there would even BE fish that big in there you little rascal... I'm going to freak out that is the grossest thing.... " All the while I was KICKING myself for not having my camera... but you can be DAMN sure I wasn't going to go back just to take a picture.

Seriously... this thing was as long as my arm! All that was left was the head, spine, and tail... EWWW GROSS!!!
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ender's Catch of the day

YUCK! :-X

I can't believe he LEFT it! I'm sooooooo impressed!!!!!!!!

CoCo picked up a dead squirrel on Sunday :-X and I had to use a spare poop bag over my hand to pry the thing out of her mouth, and she is usually very good at "leave it"! But this thing was apparently way to good to give up... :-X :-X
    ~Jo & CoCo

curly is offline Senior Member

You took away his prize, bad mommy .

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

EWWWWW!!! I think I would have freaked out. Good boy for leaving it!!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

LOL!!!!* Ender, don't you know how disgusting dead things are* :-X* :-X* You silly boy!* But what a good boy for listening to Mommy*

Did I tell you guys that Yoshi cat dragged a tuna carcass in the house over the weekend?* My neighbor went tuna fishing and after he filleted them, apparently he threw the skins and guts in the river.* Yup, that's what Yoshi brought in.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

EWWWWWW!! Good boy for dropping it/leaving it! I would have flipped out...and then thrown up..

ps-Sadie's Mom-love your siggy!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Somehow I can just picture the whole scene. What a fish! tal found that same dead bird again today and I pried it out of his mouth again...they are so funny.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Aww Ender you are a fisherman's dog! You know looooooooooooooong, loooooooooooong time ago in Canada fishermen used labs to help them retrieve the nets and I'm sure they caught one or another fish too!

Emma always find nasty (already dead animals, she has NEVER caught anything other than flies, and she spit them out alive!! ), things outside but she hurry up to swallow it before I come and take the yummy "treats" away from her!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Good Boy for listening Ender

Finnigan is offline Senior Member

Great Job for listening Ender and just be glad he didn't bring it into the house.

Finnigan brought in a dead mouse over the summer - I didn't have my glasses on at the time so couldn't see it - I walked over and almost picked it up then jumped back and yelled for Mike - that's when they are his dogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast