One Tired Pup

Thread: One Tired Pup

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultOne Tired Pup

Yesterday, Tal and I had quite a day. I had to crate him most of the AM since i had a meeting to go to. Once I got home tho we practiced a new command...stay.. Since he knows sit and down well I figure that should be next. He did really well. We went outside and played awhile and he played with the neighbors JRT. I mentioned in another thread I got him a bully stick..something finally keeps him occupied for hours!

I think it wore the little guy (who's not so little anymore!) because he got tired around 1 or so. He took about a 2 hour nap, got up, ate , we played quietly and I walked him in the yard when he pottied, and he's konked out again. He's used to me being gone all day so he's getting more activity with me here than he would on a normal weekday.

When yours were young, did they do this kind of thing where they had a really exciting day then the next day just be kinda mellow?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: One Tired Pup

When yours were young, did they do this kind of thing where they had a really exciting day then the next day just be kinda mellow?
    Yes, absolutely. Remember it is important not to over exercise and to allow them plenty of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Yes, absolutely. Remember it is important not to over exercise and to allow them plenty of rest.
    Yeah and I have probably overdone activity with him the last day or two. I think I am gonna just let him relax today and tomorrow. Plus I have to go get a jury duty assignment tomorrow morning. SO I'll be gone about 3 hours or so anyway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    Mine still does this .... this weekend we lab sat for a friend of mine. We had him for two full days. The first day the dogs played literally non-stop all day long. On the second day they had one good game of bitey-face and that was it ... for the day! They slept the rest of it.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh yes! Absolutely. Especially my Seamus. He was a sleepy little guy. On the other end of the spectrum, Paddy would NEVER nap.

They are both that way to this day (Paddy being 10 years and Seamus being 4 years).

Seamus and Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    Oh yes!* Absolutely.* Especially my Seamus.* He was a sleepy little guy.* On the other end of the spectrum, Paddy would NEVER nap.

They are both that way to this day (Paddy being 10 years and Seamus being 4 years).
    SOmehow when I saw you had posted I thought this very thing! I guess we get to know eachother's furbabies pretty well!

Tal will nap but only when I put him in his crate. So I am trying to be careful and notice when he gets tired!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Yep! After a big day he'll move more in his sleep that night (and make noises) and then be more mellow the next day.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    Both Brigetta and Prudence still do it. Especially after a big day or when we come back from vacation.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence