Sam bonding with SU
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam bonding with SU

DefaultSam bonding with SU

It seems to be "sort of" happening! SU is here until the 19th and has been working in the back yard building a steel frame storage building. Sam is HELPING! He wants to be out in the yard whenever SU is there, and keeps the birds and squirrels chased away so they can't get in SU's way! he maintains a watch on the perimeter of the yard, and runs interference there as necessary, alerting SU to any possible dangers. Sometimes he just lies down and watches SU. I know SU wouldn't admit it, but I think he sort of likes having Sam out there with him.

SU is beginning to tell him to do things, like Sit, and gave me a carrot off his plate at lunch today to give Sam. Wouldn't give it to him himself, but asked me if he liked them, and then gave it to me to deliver. I guess a personal gifting would have just been too much at this point.

And he went to Adv Ob class with me last night, where he was drafted to be a post during the figure eight drill as we were short people. Told me later that I was doing a great job with Sam, and that he was proud of me! ;D And that was totally out of the blue and unexpected!

So maybe in a weird sort of male bonding (we're building a shed together!) sort of way, some liking is beginning!

Frances

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sam bonding with SU

That makes me so happy Frances!!!! ;D ;D

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

He's just doesn't want to admit he's caving in, since he wasn't too keen on the dog idea in the beginning. Sounds like Sam is having no problems warming up, to him SU is already part of the pack.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Awwwww! That makes me really happy, too.

Seamus and Flynn

Oh Sam..with those beautiful eyes how can anyone not adore you!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

;D That's good to hear. I remember last time you posted when your SU came home he wasn't too fond of Sam
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

rexduke Guest

My SU didn't think we had time for a dog and didn't really want one. I told him you make time for a dog, and we are getting one! at first he said I had to take care of him but the first time I saw him cuddling Duke I new he was hooked so it's all 50/50 for the most part, I still do all the walking, grooming. I don't mind though, it's our time together.

Your SU might be a dog person after all.*

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Yeah ! Glad to hear it.

My SU (Frances' son) and I went to the adv ob class last night with Sam and I must say that seeing Frances' SU around all those dogs was quite interesting! As much as he is warming up to Sam I think he is still a little (ok a lot) hesitant to "like" other dogs. There is one lady there (who is in charge of Sam's therapy sessions) who has 2 great danes - the female of which took quite a liking to Frances' SU and kept leaning on him. I could see him stepping away quite a bit to TRY and escape but to no avail. He finally ended up giving in a rubbing her a little. But I was laughing a little in side! ;D

bibber is offline Senior Member

It really sounds like it's going great. I'm so happy for you. ;D

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast