Taking Tater to his first Cancer walk.

Thread: Taking Tater to his first Cancer walk.

Tater Guest

DefaultTaking Tater to his first Cancer walk.

Just wondering, Tater hasnt been around that many people at once. You guys have any ideas on how to keep him some what calm? He always settles down after little while. Very excited dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Taking Tater to his first Cancer walk.

How long is the walk? I would exercise him first and if at all possible take him to as many places where there are people around (parks, pet stores, etc.) from now until the race so you can work on the desired behavior. Good luck!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Tater Guest

Well I walk him every night. So the walking thig is good. I was thinking about taking him to thepark or doa quick run in the backyard up and down before we leave. Just to get some hyperness out of his system. I know when we get there he is going to be very hyper. But I will have Cody there (Tater knows he is alpha dog) So he listens very well to him. Me only when Cody isnt around. I am going to take plenty of treats with me. This way I can let him know when he si good and hope he continues. He isnt a bad dog, just hyper to see people. Like a kid. Reminds us of the guy that played Stewie on Mad TV, you guys know who I am talking about? That is tater

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma is the same way when she meets a bunch of people, then calms down like you said. I think exercising him before is a good idea also, and even going to where the actual walk will be and letting him sniff around.