Labs, Bees and lil boys....

Thread: Labs, Bees and lil boys....

DefaultLabs, Bees and lil boys....

Cocoa beans is now 10 months old, she is a sweet lil girl, my son will be three in November and they are the best of friends. They play together all day, and although he has suffered some minor war wounds, they are best pals. Well today was a nice fall day and my Keagan(my son)was getting bored so I put him and cocoa out in the sunroom to play while I worked at putting laundry away(the bedroom window looks into the sunroom so I could see and hear them). They were playing for awhile when I heard keagan say "mama a bee". He has a terrible fear of bee's as he has been stung three times this year. Well I looked out the window and sure enough there it was flying around his face and hair and under his chin. I will give him credit, he was very still like I have told him to do, barely calling my name. I told him to hold still and I would be right there then it landed on his face and he began screaming as I ran out the room to the door I saw cocoa knock him aside and begin biting and chasing the dang bee all over the room, the fur was up on her back and she went at it with a furry. I got the screen door open grabbed my bug spray and got the lil b-tard. She went up to my still sobbing son and began licking his face, luckily he nor cocoa were stung. I gave her a big hug and treat and told her she was our hero! They both got a little cuddle and loves and it was back to "business" as usual. Who needs lassie when you have a lab! We are so glad we made the choice we did with a Lab for keagan to grow up with, she has outdone any of our expectations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Labs, Bees and lil boys....

What a sweet story!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Good job Cocoa! You are a true hero!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Good job Cocoa

Good job Cocca!!.. I wish Mocha was as gentle with little kids she's not had any around growing up so she dosn't really understand she has to be careful with them. :

What a great team !!! Glad everyone is ok* ;D

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    Good job Cocca!!.. I wish Mocha was as gentle with little kids she's not had any around growing up so she dosn't really understand she has to be careful with them. :
    Well we wanted to get a dog that would be good with kids, we did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people. We already have a 5 year old dashund but she is mildly"tolerant" of Keagan. He is a very active lil boy and loves dogs, so we needed a rugged, gentle and busy puppy. The breeder we got cocoa from had kids and her dogs are tranied search and rescue, so they are inteligent but not to big, and we fell in love with cocoa as soon as we saw her. She is wonderful with Keagan, but like I said they both have their share of war wounds. It helps that they are growing up together, and they play allthe time! It takes alot of socialization and a world of patience, but she has become his lil guardian and best friend.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Sweet story...good job Cocoa!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence