Cinnamon got a barking dog complaint

Thread: Cinnamon got a barking dog complaint

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

DefaultCinnamon got a barking dog complaint

Phoenix has a barking dog hotline apparently and someone complained that Cinnamon is outside at night barking per the letter I recieved. Now mind you this is the dog who at 7:30 is trying to get me to go to bed with her. She has slept on my bed with me since day 1. And I generally am in bed before 9pm as I get up at 4am to go to work.

Of course they won't tell me who complained but I told them to forgo the next 4 steps and just have the complainer call the cops next time. Apparently the cops won't respond until this whole process is followed unless the person getting the complaint refuses to cooperate. I told the city worker it was a waste of everyones time to try to get me to stop her from barking as she isn't the one doing it. The cops have to hear the dog barking before they can cite you and as Cinnamon isn't the one barking I am not going to jump through hoops trying to convince them of this. So the city worker called the complaintant back and explained what I said and how I said call the cops as I knew it wasn't Cinnamon. She then admitted she couldn't be sure it was my dog just that it was coming from our direction and I had the only large dog in these houses.

You know it is funny because I have never noticed any dog barking at night and I do tend to get up 1 or 2 times a night but Cinnamon doesn't go out.
    Karon<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Cinnamon got a barking dog complaint

That's crazy!!!!

I wish I could call and report my neigbors barking dog. He stays outside all day by himself and just barks!!! sometimes he gets loose which is even worse because he always stands at our gate and barks at the girls. He barks so loud I bet your neigbhor heard him lol
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

OMG!

It's so weird you would write this...

Last night our neighbor's Lab, the one they like to tie to a tree, spent the night outside. He barked ALL NIGHT LONG. I am so sleep-deprived right now it's not funny.

Whenever he does this, I worry that our neighbors are going to think it is one of ours. No one ever sees next door neighbor's dog. He is either inside or tied to his tree or the deck out back. Our dogs are walked 3 times per day, so they are very highly visible. We have even had one neighbor who was out walking when they were casually mention that he "heard our dogs barking last night." Kevin explained that ours sleep inside, and just about that time, next door neighbor's dog started sounding off. So, at least that one neighbor knows. But everyone else? :-\

Well, good for you for sticking to your guns and telling them how it is. I can't believe that lady would make such an accusation, then when she was confronted with the truth do all that backpedaling. > What an ass.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

That takes some nerve to report you, when they're not "sure" whose dog it was! Poor Cinnamon got a bum wrap!
    <br /><br />

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

The problem with that system is that when the police come knocking at the door, most dogs bark and the police will hear them bark, but that doesn't mean that they are the nuisance barkers.

gibbo is offline Member

When we first got Buddy, we were worried we were going to get a complaint because he barked for about an hour before he went to bed. THankfully, he has stopped now and there were no complaints. I think our neighbours relised that he was only a puppy and learning (seeing all enighbours on everyside have a dog)

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

The cops won't knock on your door unless they hear the dog outside barking when they pull up per the gal at the barking dog hotline. As Cinnamon is in the house at night I am not worried. I did talk to my dad last night as he is the last to go to bed and Cinnamon can and does go back out to mooch ice cream from him after I go to bed if she hears the freezer door open and he says he puts her out before he goes to bed if she is up. But dad also says he goes out and sits on the patio while she is outside which he does frequently during the day with her. He says she rarely makes a sound and if she does he makes her come in right away.

I checked some more last night on line and it says normal barking such as hearing a person come up to the house is not a problem just if the dog barks excessively. We don't let Cinnamon do that even during the day so I am not to worried. I think the neighbor who complained is starting to sleep with their windows open as it is now getting down in the 60's and 70's at night here and they are just now hearing the dogs. Before the windows were shut because the AC was on. But call me paranoid but I won't sleep with my windows open so I don't hear anything. I would rather be safe and have the AC on then leave a window open here in the city.
    Karon<br /><br />

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I hate it when people jump to conclusions like that. Our neighbors have dogs that are out until later at night they do stay in the house but are left out in the yard for an hour or more at a time and they bark at every little sound. At least it's not all night though normally until about 11pm or so though.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

Roxy is offline Senior Member

Boy that's frustrating, I've been there.

But since you know it's not your dog...the joke is on the complainer.

Hang in there.
    <br />Shiner and Jimo