We took the plunge!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We took the plunge!

DefaultWe took the plunge!

And adopted Toby. A beautiful two year old yellow lab from Animal Care. He and Haley seem to really hit it off and we couldn't resist. After a good bath and clean ears he's just beautiful. I'll post pics when I get some. It wasn't until 6pm when we got him and after running for 2nd's of everything there just wasn't enough time. If anyone wants to chime in on what to do and what to expect I would certainly appreciate it. We'll crate him tomorrow while we are at work (Haley has already earned free roam) and go from there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We took the plunge!

Congratulations! Thanks for giving Toby a forever home! Can't wait to see pictures.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Welcome Home Toby! We look forward to seeing your pictures on this forum.

Thank you so much for adopting a lab.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Awesome! Thanks for adopting a lab and giving them a forever home. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Looking forward to pics and stories.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Welcome Home Toby!

looking forward to pictures and stories

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

and that is soooo 8)

It has been 4 mos since Darla got her brother Bob. Darla is 2+ yr female and Bob is a 1+ year male. The thing that I found is most noticeable is how much dog food and treats that you go through. Yes it doubled but instead of buying food every 2 weeks it is now every week and that 20# bag seems like it is always getting replaced.

After about a month I tried Bob out of the crate twice and he hasn't earned the freedom yet. Darla has free roam but Bob isn't too bright and is a chewer. I wish he could be trusted but the only way I feel comfortable is knowing he can't get into serious trouble.

I originally got Bob to keep Darla company and burn off some of her energy. Well.................she is actually a little more wired and is down about 10# from burning more energy but still does not tire.

My opinion is make sure you treat them equal and cater to each personality (which isn't easy) Darla likes to swim and won't retrieve anything but sticks, Bob like to chase and eat apples from the tree in the yard. He is a velcro dog while Darla is happy playing by herself in the pond.

Is it worth it? Abso-tively. On those mornings in the backyard when they are chasing each other around the yard and playing catch you just have to smile and realize how lucky you are to have em.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Thanks all! It's been non-stop bitey face for two straight hours! I worked with him on "kennel up" and he does not like the crate. Haley prances in the crate like "what's the big deal Toby?" I think he'll catch on in no time and getting him in a routine will help a lot. He sure is cute and happy to be out of that place. Makes me sad for all the other dogs. It's certainly better than being out on the street but it is still sad.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Yay for you and Toby! Things will settle down..it's just like having a pup...routine and consistency.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast