Does your lab...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your lab...

stormsmom is offline Member

DefaultDoes your lab...

Steal your spot on the sofa/bed when you get up? Ender's mom's post below made me think of this. Whenever my husband or I get up to 1) go to the bathroom 2) get something from the fridge or anything that may get us up from our spot....we come back to find its now taken by 65 lb dog that has to be forcibly removed. What is with that? Is it the warmth of the spot?

We're thinking of having small fridges and toilets installed in our couch and bed so that we can resolve this problem. ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

maddi is offline Member

DefaultRe: Does your lab...

We have that problem! I have to laugh, because sometimes when the boys get up to go to the bathroom Maddi steals their spot and all you see is this 3 year old trying to pull a big lab off the couch (who is not giving in ). Maddi only does it to me when I am upstairs, when she hears me coming down the stairs I catch a glimpse of her hopping off (she's not supposed to be on the furniture, due to the fact that I caught her standing on my sofa table one day). I think Maddi does it because she knows she is not supposed to be on the couch, but why my spot? Hmmm...

Does she think that she is not only pulling one over on me but she is also taking my place? :-\ Good topic you have started there!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Nah - I know better than to sit on Rocky's side of the couch
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Yep; I just look at them and say "I don't think so" and they move!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Yes...with both the couch and the bed, but when I come back I say excuse me or move and she does.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

imported_JerseyGirl is offline Senior Member

LOL, Jersey does that to my hubby all the time. It's so cute IMO! He's like "move your feet, lose your seat!" What's funny is when DH just leans forward for a minute and Jersey jumps up and sneaks behind him. He's so funny when the weather turns colder.
    <br /><br />

curly is offline Senior Member

Zakk insists on trying to get on whatever piece of furniture the closest person is sitting on (which we are trying to stop :-\). His big trick the lasl couple of days is to crawl in my chair behind me and sit down (so I can't sit back completely). I hate to stop him because it is cute but I would rather he stay off the furniture.....

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

Cinnamon sleeps with her head at the foot of the bed and her body stretched upwards and snuggled into me. But let me pit-stop in the middle of the night and I come back to find her on my pillow stretched out. Now she could sleep on the extra set of pillows all night but doesn't. Or if she goes in to take a nap on the bed alone she still sleeps with her head at the foot. I think she gets better air circulation from the ceiling fan down there but still steals my spot just because.
    Karon<br /><br />

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

So true! I just read the original question out loud to my husband and he said 'Did YOU write that?' ... ;D we both know how true that is in our household! Hubby will walk literally 10 feet into the laundry room to get a drink out of the downstairs fride and come back to Tucker all snuggled in his chair, when he is forced to move he looks at us like 'Honestly, I may as well be living on the streets the way you two treat me ...' LOL

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuckersmom
    he looks at us like 'Honestly, I may as well be living on the streets the way you two treat me ...' LOL
    I haven't had a problem yet with Tal trying to sit on the couch or my chair, but oh I've seen that look!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast