OMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. pictures.

Thread: OMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. pictures.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultOMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. pictures.

I just put Dakota outside with Maggie and Copper so they can go potty. Im standing at the door and here PING, and see Dakotas chain fly to side of the fence. I chain her ONLY because she doesn't always come when called. I cant see behind my house and don't want her back there with out me. Shes never LEFT outside for fear that someone, something might hurt her or she might get into something...
    I called Dakota over to me and she still had her collar on. I'M so confused and look at it and the D-ring is GONE. So i took her collar off and Im looking for the tags and D-ring. Found the D-ring that well isn't a D-ring any more.

What do I do about her rabies tag?

The D-ring that is no more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rexduke Guest

DefaultRe: OMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. pictures.

Did it get hooked in something? If not your dog is very strong. If you have the paper work you don't need the tag. But call your vet and ask just incase i'm wrong.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. picture

you can get a replacement tag from the vet.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. pictures.

You may also be able to just have the rabies tag # engraved on another tag. Again check with the vet, or the group that license your dog.

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rexduke
    Did it get hooked in something? If not your dog is very strong.
    I had her on her chain (because she dosnt alway come when called and I dont want her behind the house). She pulled and it went flying. She dosnt pull that hard if at all. :-\
    When she she come to the end of the chain she wasnt pulling very hard. Just the kind of pull like " am I really at the end or can it go a little more" type pull.

I am going to call the vet and see about getting a new tag..

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

I know Animal Care and Control issues the rabies tags. All you have to do in Phoenix is send in $4 and if you have the original paper work it saves them time but if not they can find it by your name, dogs name etc.

Karon<br /><br />

BuddyHsMom is offline Senior Member

Buddy lost his rabies tag and his Fetching tag a few weeks ago... I was bummed. But the vet gave me another rabies tag along with new paperwork, for $3.00.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: OMG! I think its time for a new collar. Question bout rabies tag.. picture

I called my vet and Amy the girl I dislike said that I just bring in my paperwork and they give me a new one free. If I dont have my paperwork its gonna cost me.... Good think I keep all my paper work on my puppers!