Bear is now limping with a question

Thread: Bear is now limping with a question

DefaultBear is now limping with a question

His tummy seems ok. No diareha at all this morning. I called the vet and talked to her and she said its probably just stress from me not being there. But if he starts up anytime today or tonight to bring him in tomorrow. Im hoping it doesnt. But now he is limping. I noticed a small limp yesterday when I got home but was more concerned with his tummy. I can really see it now. How long do you guys wait to see if it will go away on its own?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bear is now limping with a question

Yikes.. if it were me I'd probably take him in because I'd get no peace of mind until I did.
    ~Lindsay

Thats just how Im feeling too. I have to laugh though, he and I are a pair limping together.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Was he playing excessively over the last couple of days where he could have hurt himself? Try seeing if the limp is concentrated on one leg and run your hands over that area to see if you can find any contusions. If you can apply cold packs of ice for 20 minute sessions three or four times a day. I wouldn't let him do anything strenous for at least a week. After a couple of days you can alternate the cold packs with a hot water bottle that is covered with a towel so it doesn't burn him. You can also give him a buffered asprin to help with the soreness.
    Olie

labby is offline Senior Member

What leg is he limping on? Like Olie said, I would be resting him (only outside to potty and on a lead). I personally do not like to give any pain meds. Dogs are stupid and if something isn't hurting them they tend to overdo it and end up hurting whatever is going on more. The only time I give pain meds is at night when the dog is confined.

Laura

He is limping on his right front paw. Im hoping he just sprained it or pulled it. He was with Terry Fri and Sun and she is big into walking, so I know they both walked ALOT. Im hoping he gets better.