Police at the dog park last night

Thread: Police at the dog park last night

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultPolice at the dog park last night

Last night two woman got into it and started shoving each other. Happened to be an off duty police officer there. He called for backup and within 5 mintues there were 4 cop cars there. :

From what I was told. A lady who I never seen before was worried about the larger dog playign with her dog. Larger dog Darby is a very skittish puppy. She is scared of all dogs . So she kinda just walks around and watched everything. Well Darby got close to the little dog and it yelped and the lady ran over and shoved the owner down. WTF

I love Mambo, but I wwouldnt have shoved a lady down over my puppy yelping..People are crazy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Police at the dog park last night

Your dog parks seems to be full of some very interesting people. From your stories... I'd try finding a different one to go to. (yes I know it sucks but sometimes it's worth it and you may find something that works even better)
    ~Lindsay

Yes have your alert on when you go to dog parks. The other day someone hosed down my dog just because he was standing near the water. I mean didn't just squirt ....soaked him to the bottom of the coat. I thought that was kind of wierd of course my pup didn't care he just stood there like it was bath time. Lucky I have learned to carry extra towels in the car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Your dog parks seems to be full of some very interesting people.* From your stories... I'd try finding a different one to go to.* (yes I know it sucks but sometimes it's worth it and you may find something that works even better)
    Exactly what I was thinking.

I would have got my ass out of there and not looked back after the first incident.*Not somewhere I would care taking my dogs to.

Ugh-some people. I'm telling you--you need to get a motel in Venice and spend a weekend there. The dog beach and park are awesome and you can go back to the beach yourself after you wear out the pup. Its an hour from me, but an hours drive well worth it when I have two tired dogs, lol.

Mybabymambo Guest

Guess I should mention that I go to three differant parks. So all this isnt from one. I guess I did make it sound really bad.

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA
    no room for it in my life.

I'm lucky, I go during the middle of the day week days, seldom anyone there, maybe 1 out of 25 times. The one closest to my house is the one with the lake. Fact is we just got back, cut it short, he swam run and fetched and then it stated to drizzle so we left. BTW it's 43 degrees. ;D

Mybabymambo Guest

Even though there have been a few issues at the dog parks I go to, I love them. I like the people for the most part, love the dogs. Seems like the times there have been issues its with people that are new. Its nice to be able to go to the park and its the same dogs everynight. I know they are good with Mambo and he gets his energy out. Even though I have written a few treads about the dog park, there is far more good than bad.

The other two dogs parks I go are differant. I never see the same person twice, dont know any of the dogs. But they are so much bigger and have dogs on the weekends. Something mine doesnt.

I am sad that it will be getting darker earlier now. Mambo is going to miss his park time. It will be dark before I get home so he will have to play on the weekeds.

Finnigan is offline Senior Member

about a month ago this happened at ours but the woman was charged with assault after punching the other one who was separateing the dogs with her leg when the dogs got into it. We are still waiting to see if we get supeonaed to court for the trial or if she will jsut plead guilty - the one charged and her girlfriend now have trespass notices against them and are not allowed back.