Lindsay - question on Milwaukee

Thread: Lindsay - question on Milwaukee

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultLindsay - question on Milwaukee

Sorry to put it here but am wanting a recommendation as to where to eat in downtown Milwaukee. We are staying just one night and are at the Pfister. Something not too expensive - would be great to go to somewhere typical of your region.
    Thanks, Norma

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lindsay - question on Milwaukee

Hmmmm.... not sure what would be "typical" for our region lol... beer and brats?!

What's expensive?

Coquette Cafe is my fav and it is downtown... french food so lots of butter... very delic... and dinner and salad are served (and priced) seperately. When Eric and I we usually each get a total of 3 drinks, 2 salads, 2 entrees, 2 desserts... with tip that usually runs us about $90

Mo's A Place for Steaks is popular... but you either love it or you hate it. my friend found a $100 gift cert there and we had dinner... great steak when it's free but I've heard from some that they don't feel it is worth the price. Mo's also has an irish pub (serves Guiness on tap), a seafood place, an italian place, a coffee shop... etc. all within walking distance of the Pfister.

On the North side of downtown there are lots of good places that are much cheaper than the downtown prices. Harry's Bar and Grill on Oakland has great burgers, sandwiches (roast beef and brie yum!) but also dinner entrees.

Mexican... lots of GOOD authenic Mexican in Milwaukee's south side. I have recommendations for both the "tex mex" and "real" Mexican food.

Pasta Tree... between downtown and north side... is very intimate and has GREAT pasta... very much willing to make custom dishes... I get a mushroom/artichoke alfredo thing that is to die for!

Anyways... give me some more info so I can narrow it down for ya. When will you be here?
    ~Lindsay

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Hey Lindsay, Whats the name of that restaurant that is styled after a "speak easy". I'm pretty sure it's in Milw. I travel so much I sometimes confuse places and locations.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by labs4life
    Hey Lindsay, Whats the name of that restaurant that is styled after a "speak easy". I'm pretty sure it's in Milw. I travel so much I sometimes confuse places and locations.
    It's called the Safe House. It's a Spy/Cold War era themed bar and lounge. I know the owner who is a big 007 and spygames afficianado. If you don't know the password to get in, you have to perform a series of tasks like playing pattycake or acting like a monkey in the entry area. The best part is, there are cameras there you don't know about that feed monitors INSIDE the restaurant. SO when you appease the guard and gain entrance, you are met with a round of applause and laughter upon your arrival. If you're "looking for a safe house* " That's the place to be.

To the OP, you're looking for "not too expensive" but you're staying at the Pfister!? The most expensive hotel in town!?

We are federal employees so they don't give us much per diem for food. Probably $18-20 entrees at the most - I will pay more but I don't know what my fellow traveler will pay. I know we will be near Broadway and the Pfister.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Gawd could you be any more obvious? :P

Some more favorites:

Trocadero: wine/cheese
    King and I: BEST thai food in town
    Water Street Brewery: Eric's fav... and I really like it too.
    SakeTumi: BEST Sushi!
    ~Lindsay

Thanks all for the recommendations.

Safe House is cool - nice place to stop by just for a drink